Academy Help Windows file transfer module

Upload the attached file named upload_win.zip to the target using the method of your choice. Once uploaded, RDP to the box, unzip the archive, and run “hasher upload_win.txt” from the command line. Submit the generated hash as your answer.

No matter what i do, the hash i get does not seem to be right.
I cant transfer the file using power shell for some reason, so i gave up on that and i used my own powershell, which i assume the result would be the same if i used HTB’s powershell

out of 4 hash types i tried they are all wrong apparently ?
can someone help me?

I just found a solution for us, you can’t upload files to the windows virtual machine in the usual way but we can indirectly upload the upload_win.zip file to the windows server, what you need to do is:

1)encode the file upload_win.zip with the system you used to download it in base64
2)copy the base64 string you just got and use the following command at the parrot-htb virtual machine to get the original .zip file:
echo <base64_value> | base64 -d -w 0 > upload_win.zip
3)you run http server service at parrot virtual machine
4)RDP to the window virtual machine and download the file upload_win.zip from the parrot virtual machine by the command in module
=> you will have .zip file in your Windows VM

1 Like

Oh no you didnt :smiley: Im sort of frustrated, as the guidelines are very clear.
Upload without RDPing.
RDP after you uploaded.

did you solve the question?

i almost the same solution, i’m living in mainland China, thanks for the GFVV, i cant use rdp tool(mstsc) to connect the final target directly, even i connected the vpn which htb provides me.
then i tried to connect the pwnbox first ,but in the box ,it seems cannt connect the target , WTF, i feel angry

now am tring to use the hasher in my computer to calculate the .txt file, it’s looks very silly.