Official Timelapse Discussion

Official discussion thread for Timelapse. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

I’m completely new to doing Windows machine especially AD machine. I’ve obtained the .p** file but don’t know how to use it. Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Edit: Found the way. Gained user access. Now moving to root. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I am stuck on User and just wanted to know if I am on the right way. I’ve also got the .p**-File and the other .p** file as a result, then tried doing it with P*-R*******, but I get an error. Am I stuck on a rabbit hole?

Edit: Tried it with R******, but I get a C*****_N**_T*****-Error, can anyone help

User: John I mean Peter do you love SM… I mean me?? Da*it I can’t seem to get this line right
Root: One thing about History is that it if you dont learn from it you must repeat it

2 Likes

Ok. Got it … can now execute commands as s*c_d*****y…but still stuck. any nudge?
SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege is interesting but cannot bypass the defender.

Finally rooted! Be careful with some special character :wink:

Rooted, pretty laid back box. :slight_smile:

And, rooted. This was a nice easy box. Thank you @d4rkpayl0ad
user: look at what you have and the usual tool should work
root: you saw it earlier, now is the time to use it.

3 Likes

Can you give me some hint on what to do with .p** file. I am stuck on it.

decrypt

Hi all
im a beginner and im really finding it hard to get into this box (timelapse) ive managed to get the name and the domain but I cannot get passed the webpage any small hint or tool would be appreciated
thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Found the .p** file and was able to discover one of the user names but have not been able to move on from there. Any nudges?

1 Like

Forget it - didn’t pay attention to the box being rebooted and changing IP. Great way to waste your life away :smiley:

I’m in the exact same spot, I was thinking maybe the cert has something to do with what’s in the name of the zip file…but so far no luck (tried it several times).

I found several Users + the one you are probably talking about. Also got the 2 passwords, the .p**-File, decrypted it to a normal ***-Key but dont know what to do now. Can anyone give me a hint?

EDIT: Im in with the the thing that has to do with the name of the zip file. Lets see whats going on now!

3 Likes

Got so frustrated with perspective.htb for 4 days now … (still no user!)
Had a break with timelapse.htb → user.txt within 20 minutes :wink:
Nice and easy one ; thanks d4rkpayl0ad for the mental break! It feels good! Now back at perspective.htb :wink: :wink: :wink:

I’ll do root some other time

Can anybody give me a hint on how to root after i got access via to ly with e-w****? I tried winPs but its not executable. :thinking:

something like .bash_history… but for Windows…
:eyes:

3 Likes

Do you mean the CH_H**.t**? I copied the steps but i feel like i dont know where to look up what is done there.

i can run commands as s**_d***** though…

1 Like

Any tips on how to do the W**R* authentication? I get a “MI_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED” error.

1 Like