Official Time Discussion

Official discussion thread for Time. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Hummm…

:neutral:

Such irony Sp3eD got first bloods on time. :smiley:

Last login: Sat Oct 24 21:38:38 2020 from 10.10.14.xx
root@time:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

I think this should be an easy box, lol. Very easy.

Spoiler Removed

Rooted! Easy box, indeed.
User: It’s so 2019
Root: it repeats itself, so just listen and change

Rooted.
Thanks @Termopan for the little hint of a change on the way to user …
Root is straightforward

Rooted. for user you need to find a specific vuln relating to an error message. Root is a piece of cake.

• Rooted, thanks for this box.

• Do a lot of enumeration to get a shell, and the root part is relatively straightforward.

It’s an easy box, the error message is a great clue to continue. Understand how it works and test it.

This is the oddest thing, I got user real fast last night and went to bed cuz it was late. Come back this morning and I can’t get the page to grab the payload off my server with the exact same commands.

The weirdest part is it is connected, like if I kill the server it spits out an error message on the page saying the pipe was broken but it never pulls the shell off my server. Just sits there spinning for eternity.

Edit: appears to be an issue on my end

Rooted. If you need some help, DM me.

user: java Validation?? search some CVE
root: amazing ez gg

I don’t understand how people found the vuln so quickly. To be honnest, I went over it, but i had easily 4 or 5 other things to check, so i dismissed it as soon as it didn’t work and checked the other.

Only when i saw the hints did i think that I needed to recheck every single one of those carefully, but without knowing it it’s a different thing. Once you know the hints it’s indeed easy but without the hint you can easily fall into rabbit holes and mess around with things that are somehow realted to the vulnerability which won’t work.

Root is definitely easy and a “classic” of privesc for those who are learning privesc.

1 Like

Type your comment> @lebutter said:

I don’t understand how people found the vuln so quickly. To be honnest, I went over it, but i had easily 4 or 5 other things to check, so i dismissed it as soon as it didn’t work and checked the other.

Only when i saw the hints did i think that I needed to recheck every single one of those carefully, but without knowing it it’s a different thing. Once you know the hints it’s indeed easy but without the hint you can easily fall into rabbit holes and mess around with things that are somehow realted to the vulnerability which won’t work.

Root is definitely easy and a “classic” of privesc for those who are learning privesc.

My experience was exactly this. Spent all afternoon knowing the weak point but digging through the many possible CVE’s and dead ends before landing on the one that works. It boggles my mind how quickly people pinned down the right one but I’m sure experience plays a role.

Rooted and it was a fun box

Type your comment> @elseif said:

Type your comment> @lebutter said:

My experience was exactly this. Spent all afternoon knowing the weak point but digging through the many possible CVE’s and dead ends before landing on the one that works. It boggles my mind how quickly people pinned down the right one but I’m sure experience plays a role.

Yeah it was blooded in 8 mins, 51 seconds.

All logical, spent more time using the wrong command over and over again than getting root.

Like everyone says, it is more an easy box than a medium one but cool if you start doing boxes.

User : CVE
Root : it repeats