Shells & Payloads The Live Engagement

Hi guys, I wanted to get your opinion on this.
So it says in the engagement that we should rdp into the target machine and from it we can access hosts 1-3.
Are you really using RDP for that?
It seems soooooo slow and uncomfortable. I thought that it would be a good idea to rdp into the target machine start the ssh service and then run a dynamic ssh tunnel- as so I did but it was also very slow.
In general I feel like my connection to the academy machines is quite slow (let’s say in comparison to TryHackMe machines), VPN seems to be configured alright and im using my own kali machine (not the pwnbox).

Basically wanna get your opinion on whether you have also experienced the same issues… a slow connection is one thing but working from within that RDP sessions is impossible!!

1 Like

I am facing the same problem, so I try to execute a bind shell but nothing happens after pressing enter it stuck there. In the description it says to rdp and again to enter the password, but I didn’t find any “Login to Skill-foothold”. Please tell where I am doing wrong. Do we have to only perform all the attacks from the rdp session or can I also do it using my Kali host machine.

Sorry for the late reply. I couldn’t find any workaround other than using the RDP connection as we are told.
I found that using my own kali machine with VPN is a lot slower in comparison to using the PWNBOX.
PWNBOX is faster but less comfortable. Whenever I see that I need to use RDP I automatically shift to the PWNBOX.
Good Luck :slight_smile: