Password Attacks Lab - Medium

Hello

I fell into a stupor when solving the cube, found the user “a…”, got the user “j…” and set the session, dug up all the files on the server, logs, history files and I can not find a thread in this tangle for 5 days already. Please tell me how to return your thread or share a link what knowledge you need to tighten up =( Thank you friends in advance.

1 Like

Hey, i’m in the same situation you were. Were you able to solve this? If so could you give a hint :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, the answer lies on the surface, I think it’s worth studying the document more carefully and how this application works, as soon as you get an idea, you will find your answer) Happy hacking, have fun)

2 Likes

My friend, I am sincerely glad that you succeeded) But in front of a difficult level, if you need a hint, write)

1 Like

hi there, any hint for root user ? i am logged as dennis.

Check this “miniwalkthrough” from @pavka here - Password Attacks Lab - Medium - #6 by pavka

There are rumors that there is a certain file in which there is a secret, and by opening it, you can access everything. when it dawns on you, you’ll find the answer.

Don’t overthink. All challenges are straightforward.

i find the ssh creds but i am not able to use root
can you help how can i able to fetch shadow and passwd