Password Attacks | Academy

I’m on the Skills Assessment - website. I’ve used Burp to get the Post form data. I’ve run the command to crack the password, and I get a success. But then the user name/password don’t work. I run it again, and it cracks a different password. I don’t know what to do.

$hydra -l admin -P /opt/useful/SecLists/Passwords/Leaked-Databases/rockyou.txt -f 144.126.234.86 -s 32429 http-post-form “/admin_login.php:username=^USER^&password=^PASS^:F=<form name=‘login’”

It’s given me:

login: admin password: 123456789
[STATUS] attack finished for 144.126.234.86 (valid pair found)
1 of 1 target successfully completed, 1 valid password found

host: 144.126.234.86 login: admin password: 12345

host: 144.126.234.86 login: admin password: iloveyou

just put a file with Loveyou1 and make mutation with this…

2 Likes

Guys, anybody cracked root pass? Im stuck… i use mutated password and nothing

Hello, Can someone help me to solve the skills assessment - Med lab?
I found jason ssh password, but I could not found nothing after ssh login.
What should I look for? Thanks.

I’ve done all the modules up to here with no problems. But now I’m really stuck at Use the LINUX01$ Kerberos ticket to read the flag found in \DC01\linux01. Really how this module is written it really is a cluster f… Everything I try doesn’t work properly . error after error. I’m really at the point of quitting this whole certificate path.

There is a difference in user ticket and computer ticket, try to use the ticket associated with the question :wink:

1 Like

I did it!!! Thanks for the tip :+1:t2:

1 Like

Don’t quit either, just try a different view on things to get you back on track. The satisfaction of success should be the motivator.

1 Like

Finally :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How far have you come?

office2john?

The different wordlists will drive you crazy. I don’t think this is necessary to explain something.

hey guys anyone have this problem with the machines? I’m at the network services section i was able to crack all the passwords and achieved all the flags but suddenly the answer for the smb user vanished and once i tried to resubmit the answer the site is telling me its the wrong answer. i don’t want this to affect me later on down the line by preventing me from taking the exam. if someone could please help. do i maybe need to perform privesc and submit admin flag? or regular smb user flag will do? please help :cry:

Hi all,

If anyone is having issues with ssh just try

ssh david@inlanefreight.htb@ -p 2222

Hope this is not a spoiler

did you get the flag mate, or do you need any help?

make sure you’re in the correct directory.

having trouble with the attacking lsass section some one please help pypykatz is not working for me :cry:

i keep getting this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/pypykatz”, line 33, in
sys.exit(load_entry_point(‘pypykatz==0.4.9’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘pypykatz’)())
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pypykatz/main.py”, line 16, in main
from pypykatz.kerberos.cmdhelper import KerberosCMDHelper
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pypykatz/kerberos/cmdhelper.py”, line 17, in
from pypykatz.kerberos.kerberos import get_TGS, get_TGT, generate_targets,
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pypykatz/kerberos/kerberos.py”, line 11, in
from msldap.commons.url import MSLDAPURLDecoder
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘msldap.commons.url’

try re installing it, are you using pwnbox or local kali machine.

im using a local kali machine and i have reinstalled it but no prevail :frowning:

edit: solved the problem :smiley:

Did you ever figure this out?