Nest

I made this machine a few months ago and just saw that its going live this weekend, so I guess I’ll start the thread on it :slight_smile:

This is the first machine I’ve created for something like this, so feel free to send me feedback via PM if there’s things you think could be improved for the next one.

Its meant to be pretty easy, but there is one file in particular that might trip people up and will be especially awkward if you’re on a Linux machine. Keen to see what people think of the difficulty level in general so I can factor that in to the new machine I’m working on.

Probably the earliest box topic opener ever ? The early bird catches the worm. ?

haha sorry, I don’t know what the norm is. I figured people normally create them as soon as they notice the new box in the unreleased list

First blood expected in T minus 1:16:36:10

:love:

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

I made this machine a few months ago and just saw that its going live this weekend, so I guess I’ll start the thread on it :slight_smile:

This is the first machine I’ve created for something like this, so feel free to send me feedback via PM if there’s things you think could be improved for the next one.

Its meant to be pretty easy, but there is one file in particular that might trip people up and will be especially awkward if you’re on a Linux machine. Keen to see what people think of the difficulty level in general so I can factor that in to the new machine I’m working on.

Oh boy… “especially awkward if you’re on a Linux machine.”

Man, I am on nothing BUT Linux machines. I get the feeling this might not be “Easy” lol. Don’t want to make any quick judgements, though. Congrats on your first release :slight_smile:

Hopefully this turns out to be a bit of a break after all the sleep I lost working on Patents. Looking forward to it, and good luck on the next box.

@farbs said:

Oh boy… “especially awkward if you’re on a Linux machine.”

Man, I am on nothing BUT Linux machines. I get the feeling this might not be “Easy” lol. Don’t want to make any quick judgements, though. Congrats on your first release :slight_smile:

Think how I feel when I only use a Windows machine and half the files in the Challenges section on here are literally impossible on Windows but they don’t mention that anywhere haha so many hours wasted

Congrats on your first release and looking forward to getting 1st blood!!

reaaaaadyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

I was going to say you’re keen, but you’re not as keen as the guy who just messaged me asking for hints 2 hours before the machine is even live XD

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

I was going to say you’re keen, but you’re not as keen as the guy who just messaged me asking for hints 2 hours before the machine is even live XD

Oh lord!

jeje XD

@VbScrub said:
@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

Doesn’t really need hints, see i’ve already got user.txt lol.

Hype!

10 mins root - wow!

Got 5 users ?

so there’s 3 root owns and 0 user owns… I guess you guys found some exploit I didn’t think of when making the box. Anyone fancy messaging me to let me know what you did?

So, the box is rooted while I am still waiting for scans to complete :smile:

Wtf, 11 root owns in 15mn!

Yeah I don’t know what people did to get root so fast lol pretty sure they didn’t go the intended route