Obscurity

Medium difficulty, less than 24 hours to go, let’s get this thing started. Any thoughts on what this box may bring?

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can’t wait!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

@c1cada said:

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

My first box, I hope people have fun with it!

Can’t wait!!! After bashing my head against the control box (got user but still root eludes me), I am looking forward to getting back to familiar ground with *inux.

General question / curious: How does HTB determine the difficulty rating prior to release? Is it something you assign? The testers?

You can assign the difficulty, but I imagine they change it if they disagree.

?

Awesome! Looking forward to giving it a try! New HTB machine days are always good days.

Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it

Type your comment> @nirodha42 said:

Oof I’m going to be completely wasted when this thing comes out tonight but fuck it. I’m gunna have a crack. Looking forward to it

Popping boxes while buzzed/wasted is just good fun. :slight_smile:

~ 2.5 hours to go!!!

Control was quite easy if you ask me… Lets see what this brings…

Type your comment> @0byte said:

Control was quite easy if you ask me… Lets see what this brings…

Thanks for your help! I just have very limited experience with windows machines. This one should be more comfortable. We shall see.

Lets stick to subject… ?

port 80 closed this is planned?

I think so :wink:

Higher ports seem open though

i am stuck on find ‘s***** d********** dir’

edited

.

Anyone on the shell step?

Spoiler Removed

@rholas pm if you need help on the second step