Issues with "Active" box

Working through the Active Retired box and when trying pull the hash from the service, I’m getting an error that the clock skew is too great - pretty sure this isn’t supposed to happen here. Did notice that my clock was off - fixed that - but still getting a clock skew issue. Any suggestions?

Looking at the scan, it looks like the time on the Server is a good 13 minutes ahead.

@50m30n3 said:

Working through the Active Retired box and when trying pull the hash from the service, I’m getting an error that the clock skew is too great - pretty sure this isn’t supposed to happen here. Did notice that my clock was off - fixed that - but still getting a clock skew issue. Any suggestions?

Looking at the scan, it looks like the time on the Server is a good 13 minutes ahead.

Is your attacking system set to UTC? That often helps with some of the clock skew errors. Lots of tools will adjust the timezone for you so it isn’t clear if the remote box is running on the same or a different timezone.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@50m30n3 said:

Is your attacking system set to UTC? That often helps with some of the clock skew errors. Lots of tools will adjust the timezone for you so it isn’t clear if the remote box is running on the same or a different timezone.

No, wasn’t set to UTC. I’ll give that a try and report back.

@TazWake said:
@50m30n3 said:

Still showing the clock skew error. looks like server time is 13 minutes ahead (based on nmap scan of the service).

You can run : ntpdate , to synchronize your local machine’s time with the other machine’s time :slight_smile:

so the syntax is “ntpdate ip”