Facing issue with time zone

Hi ALL,
I am having time zone issue with some boxes, if there is any Cron Jobs or Scheduled Commands in that senerio i can’t get the reverse shell. And i tried all the possible way but didn’t understand what to do. If there is any way please help me on that.

My time zone is (GMT+5:30).

I am hoping some will help me on this.

Thanks

@YugrajAtul said:

Hi ALL,
I am having time zone issue with some boxes, if there is any Cron Jobs or Scheduled Commands in that senerio i can’t get the reverse shell. And i tried all the possible way but didn’t understand what to do. If there is any way please help me on that.

My time zone is (GMT+5:30).

I am hoping some will help me on this.

Thanks

I am not sure I understand the question, so I dont know if this will be helpful.

If you are confident the timezone of your system is causing the problem, you can always just change it. If you are using a VM as your attacking box, it makes sense to set it to UTC as it keeps things fairly standardised.

Some considerations, however. What makes you think the timezone is the issue?

Hi TazWake,

Thank you for replying, please have look on these screenshots.

the above link has the normal time zone screenshot.

And after changing to UTC time zone still, I’m on the same page, in other word i have same issue as had previous and for reference I’m sharing the other screenshot as well.

Please have a look, And if I’m doing something wrong then please help me on this.

I’ll wait for your response.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Please look into this i am still waiting for response.

thanks

@YugrajAtul said:

Hello everyone,

Please look into this i am still waiting for response.

thanks

So if this is the beep box I haven’t done it - but while I can see that your system timezone is different, I dont see what the problem is.

What isn’t happening because your system is in a different timezone?

If you set a scheduled task it will run based on the system it’s set on - not yours.

You can fix this by simply changing the timezone in your Kali system to be whatever the box is using.

Checking the write ups for this box, this might not be the right way to exploit beep - it could be that the attack is simply failing and has nothing to do with the timezone sync. However, if you really want to be on the same timezone as the box, just change your system time.

Dear TazWake,

oh…!!! THIS

I was over thinking about the time zone, but i have figure it out that time zone is not a issue actually i haven’t run the exploit and haven’t check weather this exploit will work or not, but now i have checked it and it’s working fine. It didn’t matter what time zone it has in the kali machine.

Thank you for your help and reply.

Glad to be of some assistance.