HTB Academy Linux Fundamental - how to get name of network interfaces?

Hi, I am new to HTB and was enrolled in the Linux Fundamental module. I got stuck on a question that asks for the name of the network interface that MTU is set to 1500. I tried to use ifconfig -a and found several interfaces(eth0, eth0:1, eth1) whose MTU was set to 1500. I typed in each of them but still the answer was incorrect. Did I do anything wrong? Appreciate if anyone could help :))

2 Likes

Did you operate on remote machine or your machine?

Hi, I’ve the same problem

Type your comment> @BenchDing said:

Hi BenchDing, thanks for your reply. I simply followed the instruction and spawned a remote machine.

Type your comment> @ValiantL said:

Hi BenchDing, thanks for your reply. I simply followed the instruction and spawned a remote machine.

I just operate as you did, i got through it without any question,em,sorry I can not help you.

1 Like

I just operate as you did, i got through it without any question,em,sorry I can not help you.

Hi, there should be a table of contents on the right side of the page. I think the first several pages do not contain any questions indeed. The question I was asking is the last question located in the section named “System Information”

Hi, there should be a table of contents on the right side of the page. I think the first several pages do not contain any questions indeed. The question I was asking is the last question located in the section named “System Information”

Well I just sorted it out. It was because I worked directly on the spawned machine. The correct way to work with this is to spawn another target machine and connect to it via ssh from the previously spawned machine. Thanks for your help!

Spoiler Removed

same problem canot solved

Type your comment> @bughunterbd said:

Hey guys! just wanna share you must login to this remote machine.

Target: Click here to spawn the target system!
SSH to with user “htb-student” and password “HTB_@cademy_stdnt!”

sorry i don’t know how to add a screenshot, but once your are logged in
type this command ifconfig -a you will see the result in the first line.

1 Like

Type your comment> @crypteddata04 said:

Type your comment> @bughunterbd said:

Hey guys! just wanna share you must login to this remote machine.

Target: Click here to spawn the target system!
SSH to with user “htb-student” and password “HTB_@cademy_stdnt!”

sorry i don’t know how to add a screenshot, but once your are logged in
type this command ifconfig -a you will see the result in the first line.

You saved me.

What is the name of the network interface that MTU is set to 1500?
the correct answer is (ens192 )