Host unreachable for every machine, not sure what's going on.

I’ve been stuck on this issue all day, for some reason I can’t connect to any machine. Ping returns unreachable host (as well as a traceroute), but all of my traffic seems to be going through the VPN gateway. I’ve downloaded the VIP VPN multiple times as well as on different servers, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I want to say everything is working on my end, but I’m sure there’s something I’m missing… does anyone have any ideas?

@entropi said:

I’ve been stuck on this issue all day, for some reason I can’t connect to any machine. Ping returns unreachable host (as well as a traceroute), but all of my traffic seems to be going through the VPN gateway. I’ve downloaded the VIP VPN multiple times as well as on different servers, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I want to say everything is working on my end, but I’m sure there’s something I’m missing… does anyone have any ideas?

If you are on VIP - you need to start the machine into your lab before it becomes available to you and you can only have one machine active at a time.

If you are confident the VPN is connected, make sure the lab has been spawned and assigned to your connection.

You can also verify your connect by going to the access page (Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs) and making sure you’ve been assigned an IP and show as connected.

@TazWake,

It seems to work with the connection pack downloaded through the access page… strangely, some of the settings in the HTB Lab Access Details are different than the settings I got from the connection tab download in the top left. Not really sure where it went wrong, but the problem is resolved. Thanks a bunch!