Help with Mirai!

Too brainfucked trying to find the deleted root file. Any idea how to get it? Is there any hidden binary stored somewhere? If yes, any hint on where i might find it?

I am stuck at the same stage.
I have Root access. The other members mentioned using ‘strings’. I am guessing to read unreadable/deleted data. Also, ‘everything is a file in linux’ probably refers to the mounted drives being files.

If someone could nudge us forward, it’ll be a great help.

@Zukey yeah i completed the box 2 hours after i posted this. Its simple yet tough. And everything is literally a file in linux. And that basically means to brush up on the advanced file system commands in linux. Google for it. You’ll get it eventually.

@Zukey be as specific as possible when you ask google. File type, device type, OS, and what you are trying to do with that file.
There will be the answer right in front of you.

everything is the file in linux. which command do you use to view any file? and if everything is the file than the drive is also an file :wink: i hope you get it. You can PM me anytime :slight_smile:

Thank you @MorningStar @h4x3r @druckk4mm3r I cracked this yesterday, the same day I joined, I am onto Shocker and Bashed now. I am glad you guys are so helpful!

trying to gather all the bread cramps here but nothing comes up…looking for that usb

You have all the information you need. But let’s just ask that: When we mount a usbstick and remove some files… Are the files really removed from the usbstick?

I said it in another post: “it’s like when you’re looking for a specific line inside a book; don’t look at the index, read the pages directly! I found it that way.”

@leramos00 said:
I said it in another post: “it’s like when you’re looking for a specific line inside a book; don’t look at the index, read the pages directly! I found it that way.”

which book ?

@peek said:

@leramos00 said:

which book ?

SO

Stuck at the same situation for a few days now… it’s getting me crazy

O forget about it… owned it! It’s easier then it sounds to do.

Think about ‘strings’ for your usb!!