Easy boxes for beginner

Hello, can you recommend me some easy boxes? I’ve already done Jerry and Poison.

See the difficulty ratings or more green bar boxes

hi
how do i unzip the secret.zip file,tried unzip -p passwd secret.zip,but it’s not working

@Reklaw, I answered that in the thread related to that box. Go back one page and read, or check my user profile for the comment history.

@vert3xo said:
Hello, can you recommend me some easy boxes? I’ve already done Jerry and Poison.

Hard question to answer as what is easy for you might not be easy for someone else and vice versa.

For me the difficulty ratings and colour bars are just a hint - I’ve found some of the easy boxes really challenging and one or two of the harder boxes have felt easy. There is no way to really know.

I find things like how long it was before someone got first blood are good clues. If it fell in 30 minutes or less, then it is likely to be an easy attack path. If it took 15 hours to get first blood then chances are the attack is very complicated and you need to create exploits etc.

Likewise, the number of owns is a clue. Poison has 8367 user owns in 166 days while Fighter only has 248 in 124 days. For me this is strong evidence Poison is much easier than Fighter.

However, keep in mind YMMV.