Poison Privilege escalation - hint

I unzipped the zip file and tried many ways to decode it not working. LinEnum doesn’t gives any hints. Any hints on poison??? Spend two days on it

Thanks in advance

As already mentioned, look closer. There are “unusual activities” going on on the box. You don’t need necessarily to decode it.

.> @rorschach said:

As already mentioned, look closer. There are “unusual activities” going on on the box. You don’t need necessarily to decode it.

Thank you i will check

I banged my head against the wall for a couple of days. The solution is much simpler than you think. If you need a hint PM me.

Same issue here. I don’t know what to do with the zip file and there are no running processes that could possibly use the .zip file as it has been discussed at this forum. :angry:

Please, could some PM any hint about Priv scalation?, thanks in advance

If anyone needs a nudge pm me

hi, new here and I have chosen “poison” as my first, from all the post and hints out here I was able to access the box with low priv account, now im quite stuck for priv escalation. I would like to ask if there’s someone I can pm for a nudge ?

@strolling33 said:
hi, new here and I have chosen “poison” as my first, from all the post and hints out here I was able to access the box with low priv account, now im quite stuck for priv escalation. I would like to ask if there’s someone I can pm for a nudge ?

Look at what is running as root!

@fnareen said:
Same issue here. I don’t know what to do with the zip file and there are no running processes that could possibly use the .zip file as it has been discussed at this forum. :angry:

You will need it for the ultimate goal :smiley:

yup I got that part already and some others too, sent u a dm to verify if im at the right path. just a confuse soul here :slight_smile:

I have root on Poison. People like to say try harder, and to add on to that, I say you should listen harder

So got the files i need and services i need but get Authentication Failed. Can someone PM me with a hint. Not sure what the issue is or where i am going wrong

I got root!!!
@IpSp00f3r pm me with ur finding i’ll give ya a nudge.

Stuck on privilege escalation, been looking through root processes and nothing seems to stand out. Any tips?

@pimmytrousers said:
Stuck on privilege escalation, been looking through root processes and nothing seems to stand out. Any tips?

Look at open ports on the machine :wink:

i feel i am at the final hurdle, but the output from the zip is not working for me. any one able to give me a nudge

Hi can you give me a hint, I have the file unzipped, and I know I have to take one service to the other but I’m running and I don’t get it I’m asked for the phrase from the file