Classic UI vs. New UI

I have noticed an issue, that was reported already by some, using the new UI:

If you’re on the new UI and working on a machine in the RA, it is just fine. However, if the machine leaves the RA and you try to connect to it through the LAB connection pack, you won’t be able to do so, as the UI will never show the LAB IP (10.10.x.x).

So basically, you’re in totally different subnets, unless you switch to classic UI and reveal the 10.10.x.x IP.

Moreover, even trying to connect to (join) ANY machine will show you the same IP address of the machine that left the RA.

I think I’ll stick to the classic HTB permanently until this is fixed.

Yeah, I’m having that issue now as well. Didn’t have that same issue with the last RA box I worked on. Hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

I love the new UI - it’s very sleek and eases some of the search-the-screen burden that classic has. Very usable. But yeah, this RA issue is a big downfall.

There’s another issue where you can launch newly-released machines with a VIP+ lab ip from classic by hitting the “play” button, then switching to new UI shows it running in RA but it’s impossible to stop the machine, reset it, or submit any flags; any operations on the loaded machine have to be done in the classic UI or else it refreshes forever.

I think RA is just fairly buggy still, especially when it comes to the different UI views.

Type your comment> @riceman said:

There’s another issue where you can launch newly-released machines with a VIP+ lab ip from classic by hitting the “play” button, then switching to new UI shows it running in RA but it’s impossible to stop the machine, reset it, or submit any flags; any operations on the loaded machine have to be done in the classic UI or else it refreshes forever.

I think RA is just fairly buggy still, especially when it comes to the different UI views.

Yes, this also applies to non-VIP, no stop/reset/submit flag until you switch to Classic.

I don’t like the new UI. I think the newer one is harder to use, and it’s too flashy. The old UI looks like a real app you’d want to use. The new one looks like a cartoon or an app for elementary school kids.