windows tool

hey guys ,
i am new and recently started to learn this stuff . i am using windows 7 so guys will you please suggest me some good and multiple solving tools which are supported in windows 7 to access the challenges and machine for hack the box

i will be out of topic, but i mainly use linux (kali, parrot, black arch) to hack in a virtual machine or on my testing laptop.

else use burpsuite ida ghidra hashcat you can find versions for windows

Virtualbox + Kali Linux VM

I recommend VMware (sort of free, nudge nudge) and Kali, you could use vmplayer (free) for a single virtual machine. The main thing to take away from this use a virtual setup so that you can run Kali (or other) and if required install other virtual machines that you may need for testing. PM if you need anything else.

If you want to use Windows check out Commando VM.

Using Windows for Windows targets is more convenient. Linux has better tool support, so generally Kali/Parrot is a better choice.

Type your comment> @immi said:

hey guys ,
i am new and recently started to learn this stuff . i am using windows 7 so guys will you please suggest me some good and multiple solving tools which are supported in windows 7 to access the challenges and machine for hack the box
Look at my Sig :smiley:

Tools to use, python, ruby and nmap.
with this you can start. i also have charles proxy, burpsuite, metasploit (but rarely used it)
impacet for windows environments also mimikatz, bloodhound with a neo4 database.
lots of python scripts, curl for windows, acunetix and of course john the ripper.
and i have ADB for android but never needed that on HTB (who can change this? :wink: )

and some loose tools collected over the years.