Vaccine- Starting Point Walk-Through

Has anyone been able to complete Starting point walkthrough vaccine by using the provided walk-through tutorial? Keep getting hung up on different stages of the tutorial when the 10.10.10.46 webpage suddenly is not responsive. Vote to reset… work on box…website down…vote to reset… rinse and repeat foreverrrr :-). Looks like it is a common theme with the box…just curious if anyone lately has been able to follow the guide and complete. Thanks.

I saw in another thread on this topic that the problem is caused by people not properly exiting their sqlmap shells, for some reason it causes the box to lock up. I did manage to get through it myself the other day, after giving up and coming back later several times - I think it’s mostly luck and/or time of day.

My biggest gripe with this box was the FTP access - is there any way to find the FTP credentials other than reading the walk through? I wasted hours trying to brute force it before I gave up and checked the tutorial - the creds are right there but there’s no indication given that they can be acquired any other way… seems a bit cheap if you ask me.

My biggest gripe with this box was the FTP access - is there any way to find the FTP credentials other than reading the walk through? I wasted hours trying to brute force it before I gave up and checked the tutorial - the creds are right there but there’s no indication given that they can be acquired any other way… seems a bit cheap if you ask me.

You can find a config file in another machine with the credentials

Ah… I keep getting caught out not taking enough time to look around once I get the rook key, I’ll have to try keep that in mind.

Type your comment> @shogunx said:

I saw in another thread on this topic that the problem is caused by people not properly exiting their sqlmap shells, for some reason it causes the box to lock up. I did manage to get through it myself the other day, after giving up and coming back later several times - I think it’s mostly luck and/or time of day.

I cant even get a sqlmap shell.

I copied the command straight from the walkthrough, but it doesn’t give me the shell…

It just scans thru a bunch of ■■■■ then ends, no shell at all…

edit nevermind, i had a typo in my session ID # lol

The shell exits on its own after running the /dev/tcp command. And later on when I try to get a shell on the listener back, get an error that says
bash: i: ambiguous redirect
Any ideas?

I don’t know if I even got as far as you did or if mine is the same problem. I’m trying the sqlmap operation and I’m getting this error:

[CRITICAL] connection timed out to the target URL. sqlmap is going to retry the request(s)

I’ve tried it several times but it isn’t detecting that it’s vulnerable to injections or that the backend DBMS is PostgreSQL.

The ■■■■ thing is that I don’t know whether this is something I did wrong or if, as you say, the box is broken. Help! :frowning: