User and Root Flag Error

“”“”“Based on our rules and ToS, you are not allowed to post any writeups or solutions for this machine until it is retired.”“”"

I get this error when I enter flags. Anyone know why it happens?

thnx

@Capitan said:

“”“”“Based on our rules and ToS, you are not allowed to post any writeups or solutions for this machine until it is retired.”“”"

thnx

No idea, I’ve never seen it before. I’d suggest raising a jira ticket with HTB so they can look into it.

As the flags are dynamic it might be that the system thinks they are being reused. Every time you reset the box (or switch VPNs) there are new user/root flags.

If the box has been reset since you got the flags, the ones you have will be invalid and you will need to get them again. The best advice is to submit the flags as soon as you get them rather than wait until you have both.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Capitan said:

thnx

No idea, I’ve never seen it before. I’d suggest raising a jira ticket with HTB so they can look into it.

As the flags are dynamic it might be that the system thinks they are being reused. Every time you reset the box (or switch VPNs) there are new user/root flags.

If the box has been reset since you got the flags, the ones you have will be invalid and you will need to get them again. The best advice is to submit the flags as soon as you get them rather than wait until you have both.

thank you

problem is still continues :frowning: any idea?

@Capitan said:

What is the status of the jira ticket?

@Capitan said:

What is the status of the jira ticket?

if u mean “jira ticket = *.ovpn” it works. But when I click to ownuser or ownroot

this is happening

@Capitan said:

if u mean “jira ticket = *.ovpn” it works. But when I click to ownuser or ownroot

No, sorry I meant raising jira ticket with HTB to have this fixed.

Nv1Qcc.png
this is happening

That warning comes up on every flag submission. Have you pasted a hash in?

@Capitan said:

No, sorry I meant raising jira ticket with HTB to have this fixed.

HTB Support on JIRA - News - Hack The Box :: Forums

Nv1Qcc.png
this is happening

That warning comes up on every flag submission. Have you pasted a hash in?

yeah ı pasted but didin’t accept.

@Capitan said:

yeah ı pasted but didin’t accept.

So it is likely that the hash you have is different from the one registered for the box. This could be because it is broken, or there has been a reset since you got the hash.

Your choices are:

• reboot and repwn the box to get a new hash
  • raise a jira ticket and ask HTB to fix the box

Yep, stumbled upon this problem on starting boxes. “Shield” one (Windows box), to be precise. Got user flag, tried to submit it – “incorrect flag”. But owning root flag there marks user one as owned automatically, so I’ve just thought that was a random glitch and forgot about it.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

1 Like