Official Timing Discussion

Which tool are you referring to please ?

use *peas, or manually enumerate common directories.

Oh yes ! My bad I though you were referring to a tool that can help determining the URL of the uploaded file for the RCE :sweat_smile:

For this you need to analyze the source code.

1 Like

Can someone please help me get the name of the file I uploaded?
I have tried to generate the filename using the source code I obtained but for some reason I canā€™t reach the file.
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

someone give me somethingā€¦ I found an im***.**p but itā€™s blank and I have fuzzed both GET and POST parameters but nothing so farā€¦

Just a quick question. Does the version of PHP affect the output of time(); function? Like, on my local machine, it doesnā€™t output it as float, but as an integer. How to determine if the same is happening on the server? I think itā€™s kind of trivial for the uploaded file names.

@mostwanted002 from the manual I think that the time function always returns an integer.
For those who are stuck finding the name of the file, donā€™t make the assumption that the time function will return the same value in any computer.

Thanks, and yes I did consult the manual and blog posts too. And you are quite close I guess since time() will always return the same value regardless of the ti**z**e Source
Itā€™s the other function that is dependent since it works on microseconds that are elapsed. Source code for that function clears that up

do {
		(void)gettimeofday((struct timeval *) &tv, (struct timezone *) NULL);
	} while (tv.tv_sec == prev_tv.tv_sec && tv.tv_usec == prev_tv.tv_usec);

got user, en route to root.

It was hard without the proper hints, so anyone who is struggling upto user can DM me

1 Like

Thanks to @randomguy222 for helping me out to get a foothold. It was such a silly oversight.

User: Once you get a foothold, start with basic enumeration, you might come across some useful data in very obvious folders.

Root: This has nothing to do with timing. Observe what is happening, and read documentation. Also do not overlook file permissions!

1 Like

Hi good morning, evening or night, I have spent some days trying to find the right way to find the user, I got the password and I reviewed system files looking for the user but this didnā€™t work to me.

Iā€™m little stuck =( ,any suggest?

@evilcode pm me with exact details

I sent you pm

help me to upload a jpg file with php code in it i am trying but didā€™t get RCE

Rooted. It was hard without the hints in this forum. Hope this helps someone still trying hard.

Foothold: There are a couple of bugs in the source codes. Reproducing the function locally gave me something I was not aware of.

Root: You can identify what you are running. There was a clue in the documentation for me to find the right track.

Im in the same boat.

some clue? still stucked in the fuzzing, there is something here I donā€™t knowā€¦ :confused:

With the exception of timing being mysteriously off/shifted by 1167 seconds, itā€™s a nice box. Iā€™ve picked up a few things. Advice for rooting, make a pause, think about the available options.

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out what Iā€™m supposed to use my ability to create r*** owned files for. Could someone give me a nudge?