Official Support Discussion

Look up how you can enumerate usernames from a specific SMB share. You can use a tool called CrackMapExec to do that. You can get RID of the UserInfo file if you got a password from it, because it is no longer necessary.

1 Like

Even if you have creds and can use them on rpc*****, not all accounts allow login via other means (e.g. evil-winrm). rpc**** is useful for gathering some info but in this case did not get me the info I needed to proceed further .

Somebody can give me a Hint?
I think I have the password? starts with nv********ā€¦?
than I thought the username is support but since evil-winrm or **a* is not working I guess one of these things is wrong?

Can i dm you? I am one step towards getting root access but it just keep loading without result. If i can dm that would be great

I donā€™t really get how these mashines get rated ā€œeasyā€.

I have a valid username and password now, however too low privileged to do (execute) anything.

Do I have to use that user to do horizontal privesc?

user flag:

• scan for ports, identify interesting services for windows hosts
  • there are things shared to the public, there is something very interesting
  • revert whatā€™s already built
  • revert the build logic
  • you should be able to access a forest now, there must be a leaf thatā€™s useful
  • you should be able to login to the domain now using the named user of this challenge

root flag:

• take your dog for a walk, knowing your group and your privileges
  • do some google search aimed for AD, resource-based, obj takeover
  • follow the guide until a point that you need a tool for windows, but you have equivalent methods in linux
3 Likes

You can just DM me, you donā€™t have to ask.

The username of the user you found should be a good hint on what to look at next.

Iā€™m having trouble leveraging the reversed credentials into taking over/finding useful info on the s* account. I can take a look around and even get myself a ticket for the first acct, but all attacks (everything impacket and cme) using it seem to fail. Am I headed in the wrong direction?

I have found some interesting strings in UserInfo.exe but I dont know what to do next, any guidance would be much appreciated.

thanks a lot ! my first enumaration was not complete ! didnā€™t have 445ā€¦ I was surprised but I thought it was a choice from the authorā€¦

:fire: :package: thank you

I have username. Which password list have to use for bruteforce? Any Idea?

Got Username but no idea if I need to brute-force to get password or I need to enumerate more to get password. Can anyone give any hints what I should be doing next
?

Why cant we download tye ovpn file and for those who already downloaded it we cant play the machine? Under maintenance?

itā€™s not on release arena anymore, just use your lab vpn :smile:

1 Like

Have username but no passwordā€¦ anyone willing to DM a hint?

you forgot a step between using bloodhound and logging in. How do you recover the second password is the question. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m stuck right now ā€¦ !
I used nmap to scan the machine ā€¦ I get many port open ā€¦
From the scan result, I start looking to these services.
The interesting one is the share: //ip_address/su*********
I found many files and got the interesting one !
Using dnSpy, i disassemble the file and got A key (ar****) and an encrypted password (0Nv32PT****).
I used the function getpassword() to decrypt the password (final result= nvEfEK1********).

Iā€™m i missing some thing or iā€™m i decrypting incorrectly the password ?

PLZ some Hints !
Thnx :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello ghosty ! Youā€™re on the right way ! Did you try to connect to a service with it ? Normally there are other clues in the files you got.

1 Like