Official Love Discussion

Nice box! Learned a few things and got a lot better at using different tools.

Foothold

Do not get stuck in the rabbit hole that I did on the web piece. Return to your nmap scan and keep things simple. Make a simple config tweak and observe the new avenue you have opened! From here, enumerate until you find a way in. Found a new piece of functionality that you do not know how to leverage? Maybe it can be used differently from how you're thinking about it.

User

Fairly simple once you find a way in. Basic reverse shell work.

System

Far easier than user. My difficulty was in achieving a stable shell and finding a good way to read the output of the tool I used. This tool is extremely commonplace for Windows privilege escalation; you will know what it is. Simply read the output carefully and Google for an article that demonstrates how to use the exploit; it is very straightforward and takes little time at all to execute.

Please feel free to DM me for hints!

The administrator is much easier than the user, even without any tools.

I got some hint on the user, and Iā€™d like to know why? whatā€™s in the scan tells you how to do what you should do on the initial foothold. Anyone to explain? (DM please to avoid any spoilers)

Rooted, I really enjoyed this Easy box.

For foothold, if you know of this type of vulnerability you may have an easier time; if not, itā€™s a good learning opportunity and an opportunity to test creativeness. Shout out to Pentesterlab.com for the assist :wink:

Rooted

I have a question, why i cant use mysql ? is there a sintax to check the db ? thanks if some one want help me.

@NFire0111111 said:

Rooted

I have a question, why i cant use mysql ? is there a sintax to check the db ? thanks if some one want help me.

It depends what you mean about using MySQL. Was it running on this box?

Hey iā€™m a bit stuck, can somebody PM me ?

Rooted!
Very cool machine to make but I had some problems on wā€¦sā€¦ and I needed to restart the machine a few times.
user you need to enumerate and keep an eye on the return of the ports you find.
root there are several ways to get scaling. I found the user more difficult than root.

If anyone needs help can give me a nudge pv.

Enraizada!
Maquina muito legal de se fazer porĆ©m tive alguns problemas na wā€¦sā€¦ e precisei reiniciar a maquina algumas vezes.
user Ć© preciso enumerar e ficar de olho no retorno das portas encontras.
root existem diversas formas de conseguir escalar. Achei o usuƔrio mais dificil que o root.

Caso alguƩm precise de ajuda pode me dar uma cutucada pv.

#RecifePoxa!

Rooted successfully, Easy box
Enumeration is a key.
DM for nudges

could someone give foothold?

got user and root. Strange machine lol :slight_smile:

I am not getting the meterpreter reverse shellā€¦ it always dies cananyone tell whyā€¦ without it I am unable to run local exploit suggestor

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding PE. Itā€™s the second time (different boxes) I upload winpeas on the target, but ā€œnothing happensā€ when I run it. I mean not exactly nothing, but my shell becomes unresponsive and I have to ctrl+cā€¦
Do you have any idea why?! On the last box I tried with different versions (winPEASx86, winPEASx64, and winPEASany.exe).

Thank you and happy hacking!

Having Trouble on Foot hold, if anyone has the time a DM would be amazing

Help please,
I found the userā€™s flag on the Desktop directory, but when submitting it, there is an error of incorrect flagā€¦ seems weird.

Question, when I locate where I need to go from Nmap, the server seems down? Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Very entertaining machine and good introduction to privilege escalation in Windows! Congrats @pwnmeow !

Finally Rooted!!!

It was a nice box overall.

For User: I think I had an unintended approach. All I can say is avoid rabbitholes and you can get to the user in no time. Google is your friend. :smile: I used a P***** script I found online. I think there might be another way as well.

For Root: This was a nice part :blush: (and most painful too :disappointed:)
Study the output of Winpeas carefully. It was my first windows box and hints posted on this forum helped me a lot for privesc.

Honestly, I found this easier than knife but tougher than cap.

I have been doing HTB for a few days now and I feel HTB is really improving my skills. :smiley:

Iā€™ve been working on this a couple of days and I feel like Iā€™m stuck somewhere between foothold and user. Iā€™ve found the dev service and have been feeding it URLs. Iā€™m getting some info back but I havenā€™t found anything that Iā€™ve been able to leverage.

would appreciate any tips. thank you.

iā€™m at a total lost for the footholdā€¦ Iā€™ve tried all ports but canā€™t get anything back from the browser. A nudge would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

This is my first time doing a good Windows box all the way through and it definitely helped me understand Windows pentesting methodology better. I also highly recommend https://book.hacktricks.xyz/ if youā€™re new like me.