Official Deterministic Discussion

Official discussion thread for Deterministic. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

69420 and 999, are they related to Minecraft. Or am I going crazy?

Not going to lie about my maturity level… 69420 made me chuckle. This was a fun one!

@muditrustagii said:
69420 and 999, are they related to Minecraft. Or am I going crazy?
Not related…

@ibmc said:
Not going to lie about my maturity level… 69420 made me chuckle. This was a fun one!

I though it was funny to use such numbers :smiley:

Thanks for the challenge @w3th4nds. It was really fun

Would anyone be willing to help me with the XOR part of this? It’s not a cipher I’m familiar with.

Type your comment> @Habuon said:

Thanks for the challenge @w3th4nds. It was really fun
Thanks man, i’m glad you liked it :smiley:

@br3n said:
Would anyone be willing to help me with the XOR part of this? It’s not a cipher I’m familiar with.

It is not a cipher.
If you still cannot find it, you can dm me on discord, same username.

No idea how to start…

Type your comment> @tXxc said:

No idea how to start…

Pretty related with c language doubly linked lists (structs).

Type your comment> @alienum said:

Type your comment> @tXxc said:

No idea how to start…

Pretty related with c language doubly linked lists (structs).

Okay ty :slight_smile:
I think I made it. Used a python-script.
But the secret key… The hints are: Keylength = 1 and XOR. So I tried a Bruteforce, but that didn’t work

Edit: Found the flag. @w3th4nds: Really cool challenge. It contains different skills to get the flag.

Just solved this fun challenge! It is easier as it doesn’t require much knowledge but needs a bit of logic!
Some hints I hope aren’t spoilers:

Remove garbage, order properly, get the middle men, “The numbers computer, what do they mean!?”, find a nice key ?.

Hope this isn’t too much and freely contact me at discord: @DHIRAL#3584.

I extracted the “middle men” and now have a long sequence with the Sheldon men appearing a lot. No idea what to do now. I don’t get this hint “The numbers computer, what do they mean!?”. Please help.

Would somebody be willing to give me a hint? I have extracted the numbers but can not see the next step.

Type your comment> @DHIRAL said:

Just solved this fun challenge! It is easier as it doesn’t require much knowledge but needs a bit of logic!
Some hints I hope aren’t spoilers:

Remove garbage, order properly, get the middle men, “The numbers computer, what do they mean!?”, find a nice key ?.

Hope this isn’t too much and freely contact me at discord: @DHIRAL#3584.

Hi!

Sorry - I know it was a while back, but what do you mean by “middle men”? I’m stuck here >.<

thankss

There may be an “error” in this challenge:

$ grep "^4 " deterministic.txt |sort -u
4 93 1
4 93 17

That is NOT deterministic.

2 Likes

I actually deleted the line 4 93 1 because it generates an infinite loop, although after that the XOR brute force with middle numbers and with key length 1 doesn’t show up any flags ://