Official BabyEncryption Discussion

Official discussion thread for BabyEncryption. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Hey guys,

I’ve tried to decrypt it by reversing the logic in the script but am so far only getting garbage.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This shouldn’t be this hard…

I got stuck for a while on trying to reverse the equation, as there is no way to reverse a mod to get back to the original value. Find another way. Good python exercise!

1 Like

My first ever encryption task, took quite some time for me (2 hours) to do, but was a fun one

Type your comment> @chuckh said:

I got stuck for a while on trying to reverse the equation, as there is no way to reverse a mod to get back to the original value. Find another way. Good python exercise!

the equation can be reversed

Solved it! There’s no shortcut secret hint for this. It’s manual labor of doing basic math on a piece of paper to reverse the equations. No online automated tools or COPY+PASTE functions to help.

I ended up using Excel to solve this, was immensely satisfying to watch the program execute.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble running the python script? I can’t seem to import MSG, and my google foo is not strong enough to find a solution online.

Type your comment> @Eucrates said: > Anyone having trouble running the python script? I can’t seem to import MSG, and my google foo is not strong enough to find a solution online. MSG is the secret from the server, you don’t know what it is. If you want to mess around with running it locally you can erase the import line and then create a MSG variable and give it a value

Type your comment> @Hilbert said: > MSG is the secret from the server, you don’t know what it is. If you want to mess around with running it locally you can erase the import line and then create a MSG variable and give it a value Ah. Makes perfect sense now, thanks!

Done!! it was a good challenge, very easy we just need to create some operations, if you need help pm me.

Solved it, however i just bruteforced the flag. Would love to discuss with someone that took a smarter approach

todo esta en el .py
yo tengo otro problema lo decripte todo pero no me acepta la bandera :frowning:

tengo el flag, pero no me lo acepta es debido al codigo de escape 10 que es un retorno de linea ?

lo tengo, esta en el fichero .py la solucion revisalo

How to reversed the equation

Me too. You can unlock online writeups with flag to get intended method.

I’m new to HTB and this is my first challenge outside of the initiation walk through. I’ve download the the BabyEncryption.zip file and it’s encrypted. Is the first part of this challenge to decrypt it, then move on to the “meat” of the problem?

Since I can’t delete this question I’ll answer myself: The password for the zip file is shown when you download the file.

I had the same issue lol, my solution to this was to run hashcat and crack a password…