Official BabyEncryption Discussion

Official discussion thread for BabyEncryption. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Hey guys,

I’ve tried to decrypt it by reversing the logic in the script but am so far only getting garbage.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This shouldn’t be this hard…

I got stuck for a while on trying to reverse the equation, as there is no way to reverse a mod to get back to the original value. Find another way. Good python exercise!

My first ever encryption task, took quite some time for me (2 hours) to do, but was a fun one

Type your comment> @chuckh said:

I got stuck for a while on trying to reverse the equation, as there is no way to reverse a mod to get back to the original value. Find another way. Good python exercise!

the equation can be reversed

Solved it! There’s no shortcut secret hint for this. It’s manual labor of doing basic math on a piece of paper to reverse the equations. No online automated tools or COPY+PASTE functions to help.

I ended up using Excel to solve this, was immensely satisfying to watch the program execute.

Anyone having trouble running the python script? I can’t seem to import MSG, and my google foo is not strong enough to find a solution online.

Type your comment> @Eucrates said: > Anyone having trouble running the python script? I can’t seem to import MSG, and my google foo is not strong enough to find a solution online. MSG is the secret from the server, you don’t know what it is. If you want to mess around with running it locally you can erase the import line and then create a MSG variable and give it a value

Type your comment> @Hilbert said: > MSG is the secret from the server, you don’t know what it is. If you want to mess around with running it locally you can erase the import line and then create a MSG variable and give it a value Ah. Makes perfect sense now, thanks!

Done!! it was a good challenge, very easy we just need to create some operations, if you need help pm me.

Solved it, however i just bruteforced the flag. Would love to discuss with someone that took a smarter approach