keys challenge

i solved alot of crypto challenges mostly RSA and Classic
however i’m totally blocked at this challenge
i set my mind on AES but i’m not totally sure can anyone confirm ?
i’m not familiar with AES …
if it was really AES. is the challenge file has 2 base64 strings or just 1 ?
and obviously i need a hint please

It’s not base64. Not 100% sure which one it is though. I’m on this one now.

well … i end up getting it using @Padovah4ck help
for the people who still couldn’t figure it out
it’s AES type encryption however it’s a little uncommon type of it
it’s base64 %100 and the file contains the flag and secret word

@BitTheByte @Padovah4ck @n4ckhcker

Hey, I’m trying this with a friend of mine, we’re both stumped on this challenge. Any help?

Tried sooo many modes…

‘MODE_CBC’, ‘MODE_CCM’, ‘MODE_CFB’, ‘MODE_CTR’, ‘MODE_EAX’, ‘MODE_ECB’, ‘MODE_GCM’, ‘MODE_OCB’, ‘MODE_OFB’, ‘MODE_OPENPGP’, ‘MODE_SIV’, ‘MODE_XTS’

Have tried brute forcing IV’s…

The hex of the start of the enc looks little weird, so does the end, considered those might be prepended IV’s or counters… but nope … … i’m out of ideas at this point

hint : this type of bitter is usually served as a digestif after a meal but may also be served with coffee and espresso or mixed into coffee and espresso drinks

We talking about rusty nail’s? lol…

Got it! Thanks @jackshd

@jackshd said:
hint : this type of bitter is usually served as a digestif after a meal but may also be served with coffee and espresso or mixed into coffee and espresso drinks

This hint was perfect! It took a bit of googling but I managed to find an online tool that helped solve the challenge

mmm, in which part of the world ? what is used as digestive and mixed to coffee in Italy is strongly different and dispersive compared to the rest of the world I bet :lol:

@jackshd said:

How did you figure this out? Because once having that information is pretty straight forward.

@deleite said:

@jackshd said:

How did you figure this out? Because once having that information is pretty straight forward.

Yeah! I spent aaaaaages on this - and this save me from a lot of heart ache!!
THANK YOU!

@jackshd said:

got it :slight_smile: … Thank you for the hint :wink:

@jackshd said:

This hint helped me tremendously. Could someone share with me how one realises that it it uses that particular encryption and that particular library?

@jackshd said:

Google the hint and done :wink: I hope this will hope without much of a spoiler

Type your comment> @solomonbston3r said:

@jackshd said:

This hint helped me tremendously. Could someone share with me how one realises that it it uses that particular encryption and that particular library?

Did find it or not>>>

Type your comment> @BitTheByte said:

well … i end up getting it using @Padovah4ck help
for the people who still couldn’t figure it out
it’s AES type encryption however it’s a little uncommon type of it
it’s base64 %100 and the file contains the flag and secret word

How did you solve it!!

YEah solve it!! hahaha!!

@jackshd said:

Your hint was on the point!!

Type your comment> @jackshd said:

Thanks, after a quick google I easily figgured it out.

Type your comment> @jackshd said:

Perfect, thanks for the hint!