I can ping the machines, but can't load their url's. They are simply not loading

Hi I hope somebody can help me with this.

I have access to machines I owned 2 (I am new to this), but after those 2 I started to get trouble accesseing machines url’s… My kali cant seem to be able to open the webpages.

Reinstalled Kali on my vBox, did not help.

Thanks in advance!

check your etc/hosts file

Go to the ‘Access’ page and see if it says you are connected to the VPN

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

Go to the ‘Access’ page and see if it says you are connected to the VPN

He is i think, otherwise he couldnt ping those ip’s of the boxes.

@clubby789 Yes I am connected!

Type your comment> @bertalting said:

will check now

@bertalting said:

I checked the hosts file but I don’t know what im looking for…
I added the box to it and gave it a name but it is still not loading in Firefox…

Thanks in advance guys!

Are you by any chance running burp? Check your firefox network settings, make sure no proxy is checked

Type your comment> @seke said:

Are you by any chance running burp? Check your firefox network settings, make sure no proxy is checked

No Burp running, started after fresh install…

Are those machines currently retired?

Type your comment> @Ma1ware said:

Are those machines currently retired?

Yes, but I have them activated in VIP.

on kali the default is to run everything through burp… so start it up, and turn off interception (leave running)… then try it …

Type your comment> @bwistheone said:

on kali the default is to run everything through burp… so start it up, and turn off interception (leave running)… then try it …

Thank you,

enabled Burp, turned intercept off but no prevail. Firefox is still waiting for the box to respond…

@bwistheone said:

Where have you got this from? Nothing runs through Burp on my Kali unless you specifically tell it to.

@Neppie
Which machines are they? Are you sure they actually have port 80/a web service open?

Make sure that you use VIP connection pack to connect retired boxes in case if you bought VIP not so far ago

Type your comment> @clubby789 said:

@bwistheone said:

Where have you got this from? Nothing runs through Burp on my Kali unless you specifically tell it to.

@Neppie
Which machines are they? Are you sure they actually have port 80/a web service open?

Hey thanks for coming back!
I tried:
PlayerTwo (10.10.10.170)
Beep (10.10.10.7)
Devel (10.10.10.5)

No loads, only timeouts… #sadface

Try nmap on port 80 and see what you get back.

Type your comment> @ekka said:

Make sure that you use VIP connection pack to connect retired boxes in case if you bought VIP not so far ago

Ya I did that I can see it in my connection.

Type your comment> @sparkla said:

Had a ton of networking issues with a fresh, current Kali install. I would have guessed resolv.conf but you ruled that out by using the IP of the boxes. Are you by chance using another VPN service on this machine?

No other VPN is used. What I did now what makes it somewhat better is I switched Vip server. I went from eu server x1 to eu server x8 that made a whole lot of difference!

Hope this will work better for other people too with url opening issues.
A ticket has been opened with support hopefully they have more understanding in this.

Thanks guys!

just a heads up… on the 10.10.10.170… that firefox error message… you know thats an image right… not an actual error from firefox…
Trying 10.10.10.170…
Connected to 10.10.10.170.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
GET /
< _html>
<+center><_img src=“1.png”/>
<+/html>