Help Windows Attack and Defense Print Spooler

Having trouble with submitting the answer to the last question. I completed the attack, connected to DC1, changed the registry to prevent the attack and restarted DC1 and attempted the attack again. The question says to submit the error message as the answer when running dementor.py from the kali machine it lets us spawn. I copied and pasted the error message but it tells me the answer is wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Error message that i received.
[-] unhandled exception occured: [Errno Connection error (172.18.16.3:445)] timed out

1 Like

I managed to find the correct answer!

If anyone needs help, feel free to reach out!

1 Like

Can you help me out with this? I can’t seem to connect to DC1 from kali machine?

same here. Everything was fine just like the instruction. but after making the registry value to 2 and restarting DC1, the error message from the demantor.py isn’t the answer. I don’t know what went wrong here.

finally got it. its the format issue. It’s kinda silly. Just copy the entire error msg.

rdp to kali first. From there, rdp to dc1 with your shell

I’m slightly stuck! I did everything I believe correctly, but am having an issue… maybe formatting? I got the following error, which is incorrect.

[-] exception RPRN SessionError: code: 0x6ab - RPC_S_INVALID_NET_ADDR - The network address is invalid.

Any advice?

Can i have the answer? for some reason its not accepting

[-] exception RPRN SessionError: code: 0x6ab - RPC_S_INVALID_NET_ADDR - The network address is invalid.

1 Like

ehi, i’ve been stuck there for 2 days, than i found the right answer, the one that you are giving it’s wrong cause u are making the same mistake that i made, you have to proceed as it’s explaned, after performing the attack enter the dc1 with htb-student account and after changing the registry key value, restart the dc1 as you are restarting a windows machine, you will see tha you will lose connection with it, after that perform the attack as before, and you will see that the error message wil be different from the one that you wrote here, good luck bro!

1 Like

Hey sabox, I actually also solved it already yesterday haha. Yep I forgot to restart the DC1 after changing registry value. It was my mistake definitely

1 Like

I can’t RDP from the Kali to DC1 to perform the reg key change and restart the server i get a certificate error every single time i tried to RDP to DC01 or DC02, i am stuck in the question, if can anyone DM the error

i fixed the issue by rebooting the the enitre vm

Hello,
I’m stuck ! , when running the imacket script I got error output (python Traceback error)
Could you give me the answer please ?