HELP FOR A BEGINNER PLS

Hi guys, im asking for help here, i wanna to start doing machines and all of the stuff on hack the box but I don’t have the knowledge to do it.
Someone can recommend me something to star learning and practice here?

Thank you so much .

Type your comment> @Hexix said:
Hi guys, im asking for help here, i wanna to start doing machines and all of the stuff on hack the box but I don’t have the knowledge to do it.
Someone can recommend me something to star learning and practice here?

Thank you so much .

you can watch retired box videos and solve them. - Easy boxes

@cY83rR0H1t said:

Thank you mate, but i was reefiting one step before that , to take the basic knowledge to do the machines, like some tutorials books … something like that to star learning about this world .

@Hexix said:

Thank you mate, but i was reefiting one step before that , to take the basic knowledge to do the machines, like some tutorials books … something like that to star learning about this world .

You can get free training from Pluralsight this month: Build Better Tech Skills for Individuals | Pluralsight

Type your comment> @Hexix said:

@cY83rR0H1t said:

watch ippsec videos, do challenges

Start with doing Nebula challenges (google exploit-excersises). Solving these challanges will help you later to spot the easy priv esc challenges on easy active linux boxes. Try some of the easy retired boxes like Lame, there are tons of writeups that walk you through.

I will do it .

Thank you @k4wld @peek and @TazWake .

You know why im trying to connect a machine and my vpn s connected but the machine say tho me something similar that Host unreachable ???

All good advice from above posters…

I am new at this as well and its a steep learning curve even though I have 20 years experience working in the IT industry as a tech. My approach is to absorb as much theory as possible before starting on practical work. The practical stuff just made my head explode at first.

For this reason I am studying for PenTest+. Been doing this for about 12 weeks now. The exam is in 8 weeks. Finished all the course work so now its time for the practical stuff and here I am! signed up to HTB yesterday.

I used a number of Udemy courses to get going. I did two on pentest plus, one on bash scripting and one on python. Even after all that this HTB stuff is hard work but nonetheless very very useful.

Good luck with it…

also worth noting that the udemy courses are quite cheap if you know this little trick:

Courses for new users are between £10 and £20. The same courses for users past the introductory offer period are between £150 and £200. You can order two for each new user. Well I have 5 or 6 email addresses anyway so im good for a while :wink: