Hackthebox - Vaccine - edit SOLVED

EDIT: i have managed to solve it by cracking the password. turns out i was using the wrong wordlist! sorry and thanks for reading!

hi, i have been trying out hackthebox starting point machines as a beginner. So far i am currently at the machine Vaccine. i am trying to complete the machines without using the guide as much as possible.

I have managed to get the source code for index.php and style.css via the zip file. Reading the source code it seems that i have to be able to get the plaintext equivalent of the hash or somehow trick the webserver into thinking i am already authenticated

these few lines from the source code are the interesting parts for me:
if($_POST[‘username’] === ‘admin’ && md5($_POST[‘password’]) === “2cb42f8734ea607eefed3b70af13bbd3”) {
$_SESSION[‘login’] = “true”;
header(“Location: dashboard.php”);

So far i have tried to crack the md5 hash but to no avail. i have also tried to access the dashboard.php page by setting my login cookie to true, however i am not able to get too much out of it.

Looking for someone to guide me in the right direction without actually spoonfeeding me the answers. Thanks for reading

has been solved, not sure how to delete my post but thanks!