fsociety

Hi,
I found the password of zip file but when i unzip it, it says there was error on inflating. And a text file was extracted with some non-readable + readable strings in it.
I applied zip password as the code in htb and also the readable string part of the text file.
But nothing accepted as the htb code.
Where i am doing wrong?
Thanks

Maybe your file is corrupted, try to download it again, because the content is not a txt

@puerkito66 said:
Maybe your file is corrupted, try to download it again, because the content is not a txt

I did it several time, but still same.

the exact output is:

inflating: sshcreds_datacenter.txt
error: invalid compressed data to inflate

and another strange thing. if i unzip in console, text file has nothing in it. but when extract in gui mode it has some readable + unreadable characters. (about 10)

Let me check my notes, and send me a DM, I don’t wanna spoil D:

hey there same Problem got the SSH Creds but they will not be accepted as flag…

am i doing something worng or forgot something?

GreeZ

@Tr0J4Nh4l0 said:
hey there same Problem got the SSH Creds but they will not be accepted as flag…

am i doing something worng or forgot something?

GreeZ

I solved it :wink:

Any nudge in the right direction?

Watch Mr. Robot.

guys what are you using for cracking $pkzip2$. As far as i am aware, hashcat doesn’t support it.Any hints?

Guys, I have cracked the zip file and I have the ssh text file. Can anyone help me in cracking the text? I’ve been searching a lot, but couldn’t find anything helpful.

Got it!

Any help with challenge? im pulling my hair out. I ran zip2john, got the hash and cannot seem to crack it using john with rockyou wordlist. fyi the command im running is “john -w rockyou.txt hash.txt”

@codenameroot said:
Guys, I have cracked the zip file and I have the ssh text file. Can anyone help me in cracking the text? I’ve been searching a lot, but couldn’t find anything helpful.

Now i’m in the same boat! Any push in the right direction?

@Hitman14 said:

@codenameroot said:

Now i’m in the same boat! Any push in the right direction?

Look at the end of the line.

Got it in the end, thanks @atek23

Got the Text File… But unable to understand how to decode… any hints here

@pramod13 said:
Got the Text File… But unable to understand how to decode… any hints here

I say go through the file (readable) and try to understand the hashing algorithm used. You may be familier with the algorithm.

Hi all i need a hint …i try to bruteforce with rockyou.txt but i dont find yet nothing

@T3jv1l said:
Hi all i need a hint …i try to bruteforce with rockyou.txt but i dont find yet nothing

You should be fine then? You need to unzip the original zip, with the password “hackthebox” before you get the zip you should be attacking.

I wrote this small python script to do the job for me: You can choose your own wordlist

https://github.com/un1x00/ZipCracker/blob/master/zipcracker.py

@UN1X00 link no working 404 not found