connection

Has anyone come across not being able to nmap scan machines. I have a VIP subscription and when I check access the lab access section says connected. However when I nmap I get a host seems down message. Anyone encountered this before?

@hussl3 said:

Has anyone come across not being able to nmap scan machines. I have a VIP subscription and when I check access the lab access section says connected. However when I nmap I get a host seems down message. Anyone encountered this before?

Have you activated the box?

@TazWake yep, the box was activated.

What is the output of tracert/traceroute to the host?

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@TazWake
I get one line:
myIpAdress 0.021 ms 0.005 ms 0.004 ms

Type your comment

@hussl3 said:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@TazWake
I get one line:
myIpAdress 0.021 ms 0.005 ms 0.004 ms

Then that implies you dont have a network connection to the target.

@TazWake how can that be even though I’m getting Initialization Sequence Completed? When I run ifconfig I have a tun0 address.

@hussl3 I dont know how your system is configured so I cant really say for sure.

However the traceroute it dropped at your IP address, which means something is breaking the connection.

It could be a firewall, it could be a broken setting or lots of other things.

What happens when you ping -c3 IPADDRESS the box?

@TazWake PING 10.10.10.74 (10.10.10.74) 56(84) bytes of data. From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable From 10.10.14.1 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable

@hussl3 all of this points to the network connection not working.

Check:

• You have a VIP / VIP+ ovpn file
  • Your VIP vpn is active
  • The machine has been started

If all that is correct then it might be a machine problem. Terminate 10.10.10.74 and try starting a different one. Wait 3-4 minutes then see if you can ping/traceroute to that.

If you can, then try a reset on 10.10.10.74 and see if that resolves it.

If you can’t ping other machines, the problem is likely to be at your end. This could include firewalls, AV or configuration setups which are preventing the traffic flowing.

@TazWake thanks for your help! I tried other machines and it worked so I’m going to reset 10.10.10.74 and see how that goes.