Apocalyst

Hi guys,
I want to get some redirection for apocalyst privilege escalation. It is about 2 days i am struggling with that. I can connect to the box via ssh.
I checked :
suid - no success
kernel exploit - no success
looked for interesting folder - no success.
What am i missing? Could some one push me to right direction ?

Done it just now.

congrats

@peek said:
congrats

Thanks @peek .

I’m in the same place as the original post. I’ve gone through my privesc checklist three times. I’m obviously missing something. Derp.

I modified a kernel exploit to fork a shell no matter what after delivering the exploit and I got: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),65534(nogroup)

Still no closer. If anyone can nudge me I’d be much obliged.

@x0xxin said:
I modified a kernel exploit to fork a shell no matter what after delivering the exploit and I got: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),65534(nogroup)

If you are uid/gid=0 then you are root. Go to /root and claim your flag.

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

Actually it didnt work because I was also a member of nogroup. I still cant get that flag. Did you solve this one?

@x0xxin said:

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

Actually it didnt work because I was also a member of nogroup. I still cant get that flag. Did you solve this one?

Yes, I did. It’s not a kernel exploit. It’s not an exploit at all. Enumerate more. Pay attention to every section of the output.

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

Yes, I did. It’s not a kernel exploit. It’s not an exploit at all. Enumerate more. Pay attention to every section of the output.

Thanks! Will do!

@x0xxin said:

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

@likwidsec said:

@x0xxin said:

Thanks! Will do!

Be sure that your enumeration scripts scan for and display file permissions.

Hi can anyone help with with initial steps to proceed with Apocalyst machine…

@swapneil said:

dirbuster.

@likwidsec said:

@swapneil said:

dirbuster.

Hi! Is stego a next step?

Only one way to find out… try it.

Hi i have been in this machine for 2 days now. i have found whats “included” but from that point i cant find anything else. Also the image didnt gave me any hints or strings. Any tip?

@m0nk3y22 said:
Hi i have been in this machine for 2 days now. i have found whats “included” but from that point i cant find anything else. Also the image didnt gave me any hints or strings. Any tip?

What should you do when you see loads of images? What could images possibly have to do with anything? Go do some research on that and then you should get it

@m0nk3y22 said:

sometime cewl generate dic is usefull …

@Agent22 said:

@m0nk3y22 said:

sometime cewl generate dic is usefull …

I have used cewl on the main page but still didnt see any folder that could get me anywhere else.

is steganography needed to get into the system?