Any hints for the privesc on Calamity? [may be spoiling]

Hey there guys,

I’m new to Hackthebox and Information/Networksecurity.

I love this site and I’m amazed by what you can learn on here.

i found my way into the first of the easier machines, but calamity is giving me a hard time.

After reading up on gdb and peda, i have a vague idea about how to approach the problem

REMOVED - SPOILER

Dude all of this is a HUGE spoiler and should be removed immediately…

@likwidsec I figured so too but it alredy has been to late, can i flag this for removal somehow?

I have to apologise, i have to admit i didn’t out too much thought into that :confused:

You can just edit your original comment and delete all the spoiler stuff and then save it with that stuff removed. Thanks. :slight_smile:

@likwidsec That’s what i thought, but the edit button seems to be gone, i might be blind or confused as well, but i just can’t seem to find it.

I believe you can edit posts only up to an hour after posting them

I don’t think that’s the case, I believe I’ve edited posts after the fact … I could be wrong tho. Look for the “gear” symbol in the top right of the message.

Idk, I guess you’re right cuz I can’t edit my original post now.

@likwidsec said:
I don’t think that’s the case, I believe I’ve edited posts after the fact … I could be wrong tho. Look for the “gear” symbol in the top right of the message.

You have only (time of post) + 1 hour to edit it, hence the timer near the “Edit” text.