Widescreen...

I’ve been trying to solve this for hours, doing this and that, exploring so many tools, trying so many techniques from the internet, and instantly felt like an idiot when i discovered the flag was right there in front of me the whole time :expressionless:

you dont even have to be a next “level” user to find the flag

i knew me spending weeks on cryptography puzzles while dealing with steg will come in handy one day… took me about 15 seconds to analyze what it could be and 1-2 minutes for the flag :slight_smile:

a hint when doing steg, look at the picture first, don’t just assume you know what you’re looking for by throwing it in random programs until you find it. take a quick minute to see why that picture was chosen for a challenge, sometimes it gives you good hints.

Any tips on what tools to use to uncover the black space at the bottom? Sorry newbie here.

done :wink:

completed this challenge if need any help feel free to pm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Wasn’t expecting it to be quite that easy. PM for hints.

@elihtb said:
i knew me spending weeks on cryptography puzzles while dealing with steg will come in handy one day… took me about 15 seconds to analyze what it could be and 1-2 minutes for the flag :slight_smile:

a hint when doing steg, look at the picture first, don’t just assume you know what you’re looking for by throwing it in random programs until you find it. take a quick minute to see why that picture was chosen for a challenge, sometimes it gives you good hints.

Best hint so far! Thank you!

absolutely no clue where to start… i tried steghide and tried to catch something in the hex editor but failed… i know the hint about the film and the character is relevant but need some more hint on what to look for .

hum okay got the flag. But which movie is that -_-

can someone who solved this as it should, PM me how it should normally does? I just opened with a picture viewer and can see the flag clearly