What is the size in GiB of the "/dev/vda"

Hey everyone, ive been chipping away at this question and and every thing i try dosnt work.

I have tried the following
• ls -la /etc/vda
•ls -il /etc/vda
•df -h /etc/vda

the df command has showed me 3.9 gig and i have tried 3.900 and 3900 for the format they ask and nothing works, I am sure im missing something here, but can anyone give me a hint or point me in the direction of what i should google to see what i can find.

Thanks in advance

Hey dude, they mention a method of listing the files with fdisk that is probably better for getting the answer. Also read the question a few times, its almost like a trick question.
-onthesauce

Oh cool, i got it! for a while the answer was right there in front of my face hahaha, i got distracted with vda1 and vda2 information.

Thanks bud, really appriectated it. Ive notice a lot of this is “trick questions”

1 Like

Run sudo fdisk -l.

Command (m for help): p Disk /dev/vda: 30 GiB, 32212254720 bytes, 62914560 sectors Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes Disklabel type: dos Disk identifier: 0x3ac5a058 Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type /dev

Sooo I just to clarify the above for those that don’t like using pwn box or hasn’t paid for a subscription so if they’re working through this on a local VM… The question requires you to use the PWN box and run sudo fdisk -l.

1 Like

i am also struck at this question.kindly please give some hints

I am very lost here.
Typing $ sudo fdisk -l on the pwnbox only shows /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2.

Trying sudo fidisk -l /dev/vda displays: fdisk: cannot open /dev/vda: No such file or directory
Typing “$ sudo lsblk” only reveals that sda1 and sda2 are partitions.
“$sudo blkid” also lonly shows /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2

Not sure what else to do here. /dev/vda doesn’t seem to exist anymore. Of course I have tried to enter the sizes for sda1 and sda2 but they don’t work either.

So I figured out the answer with help from ChatGPT… I had to type “$ sudo dmesg | grep sda” (vda doesn’t exist, and seems to have been replaced by sda" There it displays the GiB in format “XXX”

1 Like

WOW Please!How to use ChatGPT to help solve such problems, is it convenient to give some hints (keywords, links, etc.)

I’m stuck in question when I tried all commands and solutions on the internet. PLease Help out on solution

@itsmike - fdisk is the best option to pursue as told by others. Clue for the solution would be- a TON in cricket sport.

same here. can’t able to start pwn box. can you give me answer?:)please

can you share the answer please. I am not able to start pwn box.

so whats the answer coz nothing else that i have tried is working .

hey bro can you give some hint about how you found the answer
Thanks in advance

may you hint me for that trick ? please!

try using grep like this

sudo fdisk | grep GiB

Oh cool, i got it! for a while the answer was right there in front of my face hahaha, i got distracted with vda1 and vda2 information.

Thanks bud, really appriectated it. Ive notice a lot of this is “trick question. cuidados médicos en casa