Steganalysis Tools

Hi folks,

Does anybody have any good recommendations for steganalysis tools? I seem to get stuck a lot because it’s often very difficult to find the hidden message. I usually try Stegsolve and strings. Sometimes I try changing the text size. After that… I’ve kind of got nothing. It’s frustrating solving 3 different parts of a steganalysis and cryptanalysis problem to end up in a dead end. A lot of what I’ve researched is either a broken link, no longer maintained, or requires several dependencies which are all broken.

Any suggestions?

Thanks folks.

This one is great : GitHub - DominicBreuker/stego-toolkit: Collection of steganography tools - helps with CTF challenges

@Peyphour that’s a good one, but I prefer just keeping a small set of tools since for me whenever I get a “big bin of tools” I just end up not using most of it. lol

My go-to ones are:
Stegsolve.jar
Stegcracker
steghide
binwalk
strings
vim

… and of course cyberchef for the stego challs that are sort of crypto too.

Covers like 80-90% of what I need.

Mostly i use strings,exiftool,xxd,steghide,StegSolve and binwalk!
These are the basic one!

Thanks folks! I’ll look into those this weekend.

A lot of this is really needle in a haystack stuff for me. I just joined VIP and am looking to level up my skills. I spend my weekends trying to CTF (and most of the time end up being trolled by a false lead and a bad key). This is great fun.

I’ve done both masters degree and doctoral credits in this stuff and nothing beats just good hands on experience. This is where it’s at.