[OSINT] Breach

OSINT challenges are so fun. Thank you @Arrexel
Will you do more?

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

I already got where to go in twitter, but I am having trouble finding the hint/pass… Can anyone provide me some kind of hint?

Type your comment> @xnakra said:

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use what is inside key.docx

Try to use something like CyberChef

I’ve mutated relevant passwords with the pattern and nothing. Does office2john work here?

i find the password with some searching twitter leaked and etc but cant open key.docx why?is it need to bruteforce similar password?i use openoffice!

are the bad data lines in the p****** file important? or just noise?

Is the password even in the breached file?

Hey everyone, thank you for playing Breach!

I really appreciated reading all your positive comments and I’m glad you enjoyed the challenge!

I’m starting this challenge now, but i’m having problems with the password for the orginal zip file. The one in the site is not working. Checksum is ok.
Is this the password i need to find first? Or is for another file inside the zip?

Type your comment

■■■… I am new to htb. I tried all the passwords, email IDs, firstname, lastname to unlock the key.docs but no luck. Anyone can give a hint please?

I managed to get the key after unlocking the key.docx. Kind of lost, what to do next? any idea?

Type your comment> @nkhan95 said:

I managed to get the key after unlocking the key.docx. Kind of lost, what to do next? any idea?

Woooowwwww… I manage to complete the challenge… I am loving HTB… Long live HTB :slight_smile:

It would be better if those 6 IP addresses from the breach file were reserved instead of pointing to innocent victims of this game. Someone will attempt to breach a real system thinking it is a part of the challenge.

Type your comment> @cknu said:

I’m starting this challenge now, but i’m having problems with the password for the orginal zip file. The one in the site is not working. Checksum is ok.
Is this the password i need to find first? Or is for another file inside the zip?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Works for me.

can anyone give me a nudge through PM?

I’m also having trouble figuring this one out… Have narrowed it down but think I am focusing too much on the half dozen entries.
I would really appreciate some help.

Type your comment> @sl0wl0ris said:

I’m also having trouble figuring this one out… Have narrowed it down but think I am focusing too much on the half dozen entries.
I would really appreciate some help.

Never mind…