Official Unbalanced Discussion

I’m stuck at the verboseless login page, I read comments regarding scripting and using burp intruder, but wait ! does it really mean discovering the UP server in that 1M IPs range ?!

@666reda said:

I’m stuck at the verboseless login page, I read comments regarding scripting and using burp intruder, but wait ! does it really mean discovering the UP server in that 1M IPs range ?!

No

@666reda said:

Make sure when you are gathering information using the CLI tool that you examine more than just the cached HTTP objects - you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Finally got user. Took me a week. I think I may have been broken of my “use cURL for everything” habit. Burp does just make some things easier. On to root!

Edit: rooted! Great box, one of my favorites. Having had the pleasure of a 5k long sd file of ACLs, and having to constantly update p*e on my networks at $dayjob, I can speak from experience when I say that this is a pretty realistic box.

hi, currently stuck at root. I am root in the c*******r but dont know how to proceed from here. the usual things dont seem to work and the creds I found dont seem to work on ssh. I have the feeling that I am overseeing something really obvious. any nudge ? thx a lot.

@zaphoxx said:

hi, currently stuck at root. I am root in the c*******r but dont know how to proceed from here. the usual things dont seem to work and the creds I found dont seem to work on ssh. I have the feeling that I am overseeing something really obvious. any nudge ? thx a lot.

Try the creds somewhere else?

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@zaphoxx said:

Try the creds somewhere else?

nvm, feeling really stupid now. got it! I new I was missing something really trivial (thought I already tried that, but obviously I didnt) banging head on the keyboard

Finally root. Thanks to @TazWake who pushed me in the right direction at user and @HomeSen for showing that sometimes the trivial stuff is the solution to go for.
One of the best machines I have done so far. User was very instructive and root was relatively easy compared to user.

mm, what could be better, than watching this?
get_me

@ymka said:

mm, what could be better, than watching this?

That’s actually pretty awesome - nice work. I hope you’ve put it on github or similar.

some shitcode, just for a quick hand, not for everyone:)
For everyone is just this pict. DIY)
Just inspiration)

@TazWake said:
That’s actually pretty awesome - nice work. I hope you’ve put it on github or similar.

thx, dude.

or i could like encrypt the code with some password that you will get during digging. That could be cool. But i m not good at encryption at all.

You don’t have to share it if you don’t want to!

I was just thinking that now it is a retired box, it might be a useful script people could learn from - but, seriously, I didn’t mean to create any pressure or stress.

You didn’t)
Here it is. script from that preview
Enjoy^^
:slight_smile:

@ymka said:

You didn’t)
Here it is. script from that preview
Enjoy^^
:slight_smile:

:smile:

No, unbeli3vable. I rooted P****e much before i even got user on the box)

But, could anyone explain me in pm or somewhere why binary-search is not working in i*******.**p ? I see the source but don’t understand… It should work
I mean > < are not working for me.

Its a retired machine, there are walkthroughs available, so you don’t need to be as circumspect with the questions.

However, I don’t think I understand what you are asking here.

Spoiler Removed