SUCH a fun box. dm me if you need help, I thought it was more like a medium box

1 Like

Permissions do the magic… If you want any thing further DM me

I get the shell,but i can’t get the user.txt🤣

Any tips? - I have hash/pwd for user but cannot seem to use them via ssh / su

How did you get the Hash?

rooted that was a very fun box… learned a lot

Rooted! :slight_smile:
Awesome box! Learned a lot! Finding root took me some time, but once you are on the right track it will go pretty fast.
Some hints;
User: Take special care with case sensitivity when extracting once you have found an obvious attack vector
Root: Everything you need to know is present in our most beloved vegetable enumeration tool!

Thanks @XSSDoctor @KKK45 and @B1ghead for helping out in de DM’s

3 Likes

how 2 get root? is there any hint?

Can someone help me to get user? I have the shell of the victim machine but I can’t get the user because im www-data

There is another subdomain you need to find. Enumerate there.

rooted !!! thanks for @KKK45 and @JacobE for the help and hints in the DM’s

Rooted!

Thanks to @r3nt0n and @TomStock for the help!!

Everything seems very common, after www-data and the new host discovery, should i manage to manipulate the ws? :slight_smile:

NVM, anybody who found him self in the same thing - suggest you to search for Rayhan’s writeup regarding popular attack on websockets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im finding the subdomain in /sites-available but trying to navigate to it is not resolving? Am I missing something XXXX/soccer.htb??

1 Like

Also, my VPN disconnects every 2 minutes, why is that?

You suppose to see there a new host subdomain that will enable you to register and test another instance.

Yeah I have gathered as much from reading some walkthrough, but XXX.soccer.htb is just not resolving…

Should I add this to XXX/soccer.htb to my hosts file? I tried this, then i am getting a 502 error

Rooted.

User: there are pretty common way to gain the initial shell afterwards you should travel around and define your next target that will lead you to the “other” user. The way to gain other user are pretty complicated and all familiar with this technique as i mention before - look for Rayhan’s post about the thing, it has a clear python script and walkthrough.

Root: the path to root are clear from the initial shell, search the regular vectors and then try to understand how to manipulate the “sudo” like command, you will need to create certain and dedicated file to this binary.

Not easy machine on my side, but was fun.

1 Like