Official Late Discussion

Foothold : I know you would have found the images easily to drink water in the flask use the extraordinary work of Mr.Spencer Kimball and Mr.Peter Mattis to form a line.

Hint : ninetailedfox can make images

-Tonycrypter

Thanks for the tip mate, that was the push I needed to root this!

Finally got user. Size matters. Make good handwriting because although you have the write answer the system lies to you. It was annoying. :frowning: Time for root.

Is there any banning mechanism? After some tries i cannot connect to subdomain while the main page works fine :frowning:

I used mouse editor full screen
Courier new bold font
Size 11
Color scheme kali-dark
Print screen> selection to proper format

It took me a million fonts and sizes and webpages to figure that out.

Best tip I have is, if the other commands you want to run donā€™t work, play only with the size. I think courier new bold will work for all commands you need to enter.

No, there isnā€™t as far as I know. Anyway, as a general rule: Any subdomain that doesnā€™t exists in internet should be added manually in special file in your OS system. If you donā€™t know it DM and I explain you better.

Yes, I added everything and was working, now everything is back again. The thing that went wrong was VPN server - after switching to other one, the whole box started behaving as before. I think that the main page could be cached by my browser (as it was rather static) and the subdomain does some work on server side so it couldnā€™t be cached. Thatā€™s probably the reason.
Thank for willing to help anyway!

if you upload something but you donā€™t know where it is the file and what kind of technology is behind ā€¦ it is something not good :slight_smile:

are you taking about foothold?

Finally I own the machine. The James bond tip was crucial to figure out how to solve it. Nice box. Maybe the part of fotthold I didnā€™t like because it is not easy to figure out the right payload if what you send to the server maybe is not well understood. Size matters :slight_smile:

thanks for the tips. I still need them.

Iā€™m following a promising hint on the very last step to the root flag. But a file seems to keep resetting & impedes my progress on this. Does anyone observe a similar kind of behaviour during the last step & can help?

Never mind, found it out myself.

1 Like

NotoSans Mono Bold in mouse pad, size 22

Bruh that took me a few hundred screenshots

Hi! Could I DM you to avoid spoiling others?
I am trying to establish a connection on the other port, and I located the file I suppose I need with a $find comannd but I canā€™t get it with $cat .
Thanks!

Forget what I said, I just solved it.

Never ever thought Iā€™d ever craft an exploit in GIMP :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

cloudconvert.com was a lifesaver hint