Official Laser Discussion

Just started today. Few ports open. Saw one port :slight_smile: and Laser sounds something very commonly used in day to day life. Found one git tool and now struggling :smiley: how to move ahead. The tool says connection established :slight_smile: but cant execute command :slight_smile: need to search more.
Found a file with hash. Now struggling to decrypt it.

Anyone with enc type nudge? - Not able to retrieve data - have both required contents - or if you can suggest any tool/working URL.

Also stuck with the file… tried with some .xx to txt convert without success

Anyone figure out what to do with that file? Or is it a rabbit hole?

I figured out the encryption part. I used python. PM for a nudge.

Could someone PM me tips on attacking the pe dese**n? With buns disabled it’s tough.

Type your comment> @cmperk said:

Could someone PM me tips on attacking the pe dese**n? With buns disabled it’s tough.

same here

i am struggling with decryption part can any one give me the nudge please

Thanks @MrR3boot & @R4J, great and insane box, user was a blast ! root was straightforward.

@balatak said:

How am I supposed tog reach guru if boxes like ropetwo and laser keep coming out :smiley:

The journey seems scary, but not at all, a bit of motivation, trials & errors and u will own that box.

Any nudges on decrypting the big file?

Edit: Thanks @batemaster for the nudge.

Thanks for the feedback @Caracal

Joining the fight against Laser

found file that was kinda awesome

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

I would appreciate nudge on decrypting file.
Thanks

@solid5n4k3 said:

I would appreciate nudge on decrypting file.
Thanks

At this point i can only tell without spoiling that you should enum carefully the port where you found that file, some juicy info are waiting, after that you will understand what you need to do. If you don’t know how to proceed after gathering all info, google is your friend, after all, what you want is a quick and efficient way to prototype solutions to a problem.

any nudge for the file? I think i have a lot of info from some commands i run but still no clue how to decrypt the file.

Spoiler Removed