Official Inject Discussion

Mate I am stuck

I know you did it, but the gtfo way only needed some typical modification. Nice box indeed.

How to get root access?No matter what the machine, getting root access is always the hardest for me

Hi there, I’m trying to get the user flag and I’m looking in the pom.xml file. Is it a CVE or other vuln on dependency that wa have to use ?

So after a few days, realized I’m dumb and didn’t traverse far enough to validate if it worked or not. :frowning: Think I’m on the right track now.

目前来看确实是这样的

Guys I dont find the right CVE to exploit. I searched several times and I found several CVE and exploit but I dont understand how they works What is it please ?

try to find a xml file and upload any file to the server.

can someone help me in root

The user flag is on the actual machine, youll find something vulnerable to a nice exploit in the pom.xml. Try searching things you see in there with the word exploit after it.

PM me

I’ve found the exploit to utilize via config file enumeration but am getting a 500 error upon utilizing it. I’ve tried some different combos and could use a nudge to see if I am on the right track or if there’s something I missed. Thanks!

IIRC getting a 500 error is expected, so don’t let that throw you off

1 Like

I’v been trying to figure out how to get root. I’ve tried going the gtfo bins route, but not luck, seems that all the SUID files I find aren’t vulnerable, unless I’m missing something? I ran pspy as well but might need a nudge t figure out what process I might be able to take over. Any help or nudges would be appreciated!!

1 Like

Could you provide a nudge or hint as to how you got root by chance? I’ve been stuck trying to get it, for me the user and the leaked creds were easy but I can’t quite find how to get root.

I can use the RCE but I can’t do a reverse shell can anyone pm me pls ?

Same step for me, newbie too. If someone has some explanations or documentations that I can read(or a specific module in hack the box academy), please share. At this point, I don’t know what terms I have to search in google to move forward into this box. Thanks

1 Like

Yeah bro same. Just needing a clue to continue not the answer at all because there are not the magic.

Hopefully someone has a hint because I’m stuck for a while. Been staring at a found .xml for a while now. Found a few exploits with some google searches with the info from the found file, but none seem to work. I suspect I’m missing something.

Just rooted it!