misDIRection

Well I have unzipped the file got what is inside there.
I have what I should I do after all…
Tried to convert what I got to text but it doesn’t give me flag or anything related…
Nudge please =]

… i am like u …

Reread the description, it will provide you with a starting location. :wink: DM if you are still punching your face with a keyboard.

What was in the zip-file? Look at the directory structure and the contents.

Never mind I owned it :smiley:
Hint: You need to stop punching your face with the keyboard and focus on what you have in front on your eyes :wink:

Very interesting challenge. Can be resolved with a single line command.

I feel like I am not making a very obvious connection here… I’m looking at the structure, I’ve tried removing empty directories… Don’t know where to go from here. Anyone looking to give a nudge?

Is the flag not working for anyone else? I believe I solved the challenge, and produced what seems like the correct flag, but it isn’t accepted for some reason. PMs welcome.

@muschem said:
Is the flag not working for anyone else? I believe I solved the challenge, and produced what seems like the correct flag, but it isn’t accepted for some reason. PMs welcome.

Same here, I’m pretty sure it’s the way to do it but the flag is not right. Any hint?
PM me, please

Asc II? Some tips?

Had the correct approach… had a copy/paste error that mangled the flag. Thanks to those who helped.

after some scripts in python I was able to solve it.
hint: Think about the word misDIRECTION :wink:

Im literally lost and punching my face on the keyboard. I have no idea how to proceed after i unzipped the files.

think why some folders are empty, why some have files.
then think about the file names and what you can do with !

The size of key is the same with number of files ?

@thek said:
The size of key is the same with number of files ?

No, but it is related

I’ve unzipped the zip but I can’t access any of the files in the directory…or the directory itself

Spoiler Removed

Alright, so I’ve done what I think I should have, and am now left with a nice string of letters and numbers. My first thought was to decrypt it, so I “thought about the word Direction”, and tried decrypting it using route, transposition, etc… However, everything still spits out just a jumbled ciphertext. Any help?

what a fun challenge. easy in the end if you don’t make it harder than it is. write down what you see and connect the dots keeping the direction in mind