INTRODUCTION TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY - AD Administration: Guided Lab Part I Create Users

As the title says this question is about:
INTRODUCTION TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY - AD Administration: Guided Lab Part I: Create Users

The instructions are as follows:

Task 1: Manage Users

Our first task of the day includes adding a few new-hire users into AD. We are just going to create them under the "inlanefreight.local" scope, drilling down into the "Corp > Employees > HQ-NYC > IT " folder structure for now. Once we create our other groups, we will move them into the new folders. You can utilize the Active Directory PowerShell module (New-ADUser), the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, or MMC to perform these actions.

NOTE: I found the Intro to AD to be rather disorienting as it was 98% new to me.
I will use New-ADUser.
I understand how and why we run the CMDLET with properties however I don’t understand the nesting/hierarchy. Specifically: “We are just going to create them under the "inlanefreight.local" scope, drilling down into the "Corp > Employees > HQ-NYC > IT " folder structure for now.”

Where are the users created by default? How do I set their scope? specifically what’s going on with inlanefreight.local and Corp>Employees>HQ-NYC>IT?

I hope this is clear enough for you all to begin to assist. I think with the first level of help then I can dig down and ask the right question(s).

Thanks in advance,
Francesco

Well, I don’t know what to say. I refreshed the page (or maybe just my eyes) and much more information “showed up”. This question can be closed as there is now plenty of explanation for what to do with the provided information.