i am not able to create reverse shell in a machine

Hi guys,
i tried creating a reverse shell through netcat in buff machine. i was successfull and suddenly after a restart i am not able to create reverse shell in the same way i tried before which was working.
i tried with other machine remote also but no home.
please help.

You might get a more helpful response if you ask it in the thread for the machine. There might even be people who have had similar problems to you and found a solution.

It is difficult to help as there isn’t any context to the problem - the best I can suggest here is to create a reverse shell which works.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

You might get a more helpful response if you ask it in the thread for the machine. There might even be people who have had similar problems to you and found a solution.

It is difficult to help as there isn’t any context to the problem - the best I can suggest here is to create a reverse shell which works.

thanks for the info.
as i stated i successfully created a reverse shell for buff and in the same way when i tried again it is not working.
my doubts are like machine restricted my IP from accessing the things or something like that. is it possible?

@abhinavek said:

my doubts are like machine restricted my IP from accessing the things or something like that. is it possible?

It is possible but it is very, very unlikely. I don’t know how the machine would decide to restrict access to your IP address.

It entirely depends on how you got it the first time. You might have used an exploit or tool someone else put on the box (which has now gone following a reboot), or you might have exploited a service which was unintentionally vulnerable. Or you might have done it in the right way and something is broken now.

I agree with @TazWake that it’s highly unlikely. Even impossible if the machine is reset.

If this is an easy or medium machine, I’d probably advice to look into variables like: your (tunnel) ip might have changed, or you overlooked a small thing.

I know it’s easier to think the box is broke, but it will be more productive if you start looking for what might be missing on your end… In hacking, it doesn’t matter if things are broken or not, in a way we get into stuff because it’s broken.

In that sense: the best long term advice I could give is: focus on getting past things. It’s great to learn the difference, but if I look back at myself, I have wasted many hours thinking ‘this box must be broke’… be smarter than I was…

Best of luck man. And just ask if you need more help.