HELP WITH MIRAI

Hi, i’m a noob starting with those machines (just owned one, the “blue” machine), now i’m trying to own “mirai” machine but it seem hard to me.
I know the name is a hint, i know how mirai works, but i can not find the way to own this machine.
From the scanning it shows me all 1000 ports are closed or filtered, even sometimes nmap returns that de machines seem to be down.
Any help please ?

Read other threads before posting maybe. _(0_o)_/

read other threads, theres a good hint about harddrives that made me get it

I’ve read the other threads, i took the user flag and now i’m trying the root’s one. I know what I should do, but i dont know (maybe due to lack of knowledge) how to do it, i mean, i cannot install testdisk or similars, and in order to use grep, google says that a string of the file im looking for is needed. So that, im lost here, dont know how to use grep properly. Any hint more ?

you will use basic linux commands to read files,google, you will not need to install anything either, also linux commands to find all HDD in linux :wink:

@redteam611 said:
you will use basic linux commands to read files,google, you will not need to install anything either, also linux commands to find all HDD in linux :wink:

got it! i think that i found it with more luck than knowledge but… =} firstly, using basic command i found a flag but it was not complete xD so that i copied all the line with rubbish included and then, deleted the rubbish in the solution, dont know why but that way worked !

I’m still stuck. Not sure which hard drive I should be looking in. I’ve seen mention of a 0kb file you can still read, but I can’t find that version of the file either.

Edit: Got it. Not something I originally knew about Linux.