Filter Contents

Can anyone help? Please I’ve been on these questions for days now 1.Determine what user the ProFTPd server is running under. Submit the username as the answer.

2.Use cURL from your Pwnbox (not the target machine) to obtain the source code of the “https://www.inlanefreight.com” website and filter all unique paths of that domain. Submit the number of these paths as the answer.

thanks to you all for your assistance

Type your comment> @DarkRaider007 said:

1.proftpd

Thanks… It worked.

Did you solve the last question related to the curl to find the unique paths?

Not yet still try to find a way around it.

can you give me a clue for the part where you have to figure out what user the proftp server is running under ?

@Su8Z3r0 said:
can you give me a clue for the part where you have to figure out what user the proftp server is running under ?

For example:

mark:x:1001:1001:mark,:/home/mark:/bin/bash
[–] - [–] [–] [-----] [--------] [--------]
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | ±> 7. Login shell
| | | | | ±---------> 6. Home directory
| | | | ±-------------------> 5. GECOS
| | | ±-------------------------> 4. GID
| | ±------------------------------> 3. UID
| ±----------------------------------> 2. Password
±---------------------------------------> 1. UsernameType

use ps command : ps aux → list all of process are running then use grep to find “proftpd”
This will solve :
—>ps aux | grep “proftpd”
you will see the username column is the first column on the left

4 Likes

you have to look under the file for username
setps :

1. cd /etc/proftpd
  2. cat proftpd.conf
  3. then you will see the user and group name

by the way the answer is proftpd but i want you to look under the file so you can learn that . thank you!

why do i find the user name really

Because that’s the challenge LoL

Run command “cat /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf | grep proftpd”. The answer is shown in the picture.

TBH I’ve just been using htop, filtered for proftbd and got the answer (if you activate tree view after filtering it’ll look a bit more obvious)
It solved my “problem” pretty well but i guess I should’ve been using the commands :sweat_smile:

Use this command for the question number two: curl https://www.inlanefreight.com | tr " " "\n" | cut -d"'" -f2 | cut -d'"' -f2 | grep www.inlanefreight.com | sort -u | wc -l

cat /etc/passwd | grep “false|nologin” | grep proftpd