Fawn Box ftp permissions error?

Hi,

I’m consistently getting a permission denied error when trying to get flag.txt from Fawn’s ftp server while logged in as anonymous.

After checking the official walkthrough, this appears to be a bug? Not 100% sure though, since it could be misconfiguration on my end.

Is anybody able to replicate this?

Thanks!

Nevermind, this seems to be a me issue. I tried filezilla and it works fine…

Still not sure why this is occuring though.

Hey, I’m having the exact same issue. Would you mind explaining how you got around it?

When it comes to fixing FTP permission errors in Fawn Box, there are a few steps you can take:

Check the permissions of the file or directory you are trying to access. Make sure that the FTP user has the necessary permissions to read, write, or execute the file.

Check the ownership of the file or directory. The FTP user may not have access to a file or directory if it is owned by another user or group. In this case, you can try changing the ownership to the FTP user or adding the FTP user to the appropriate group.

Check the FTP server configuration. Make sure that the FTP server is configured to allow the FTP user to access the file or directory. You may need to adjust the FTP server’s configuration settings to allow for more permissive access.

Check the FTP client configuration. Sometimes FTP permission errors can be caused by configuration issues on the client side. Make sure that the FTP client is configured to use the correct username, password, and port number for the FTP server.

Check for any firewall or network issues. It is possible that the FTP permission error is being caused by a firewall or network issue that is preventing the FTP user from accessing the file or directory. In this case, you may need to adjust your firewall or network settings to allow for FTP traffic.

If none of these steps work, you may need to consult the Fawn Box documentation or contact their support team for further assistance.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

When using the pwn box it will sometimes default to the root directory. start over and before connecting to the FTP service cd into your home directory