Celestial issues

Hi All,

I have successfully obtained user access / flag on Celestial.

Shortly after navigating through the box (using a reverse shell) the shell locks up and freezes.

I have tried with and without ‘upgrading the shell’ and still having issues. I am using the VIP servers.

I have no freezing issues with any other boxes (like Poison for example).

• I have VPNed in using openvpn
  • I am located in Australia and using the US servers
  • I have roughly 300ms

Can anyone give me some advice / tips if it seems like I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

I had very similar issues and I’m in North America. I never found a solution to it. After your shell locks up, can you still ping the box or is it just dead? Because the latter was my experience and I seemingly had to wait for either someone else to restart it or for it to just “magically” stop acting up.

I keep journals on every box I do and at the very top of my Celestial file is:

“This one was really frustrating because, for whatever reason, it seemed to go down every few minutes and then take forever and a day to come back up. So I was constantly having to restart from scratch. This is honestly a ten minute hack that can take a few hours if you’re unlucky.”

I apologize for not being able to help, but if it wasn’t just me having this problem, people should probably be made aware of it.

@opt1kz said:
I had very similar issues and I’m in North America. I never found a solution to it. After your shell locks up, can you still ping the box or is it just dead? Because the latter was my experience and I seemingly had to wait for either someone else to restart it or for it to just “magically” stop acting up.

I keep journals on every box I do and at the very top of my Celestial file is:

“This one was really frustrating because, for whatever reason, it seemed to go down every few minutes and then take forever and a day to come back up. So I was constantly having to restart from scratch. This is honestly a ten minute hack that can take a few hours if you’re unlucky.”

I apologize for not being able to help, but if it wasn’t just me having this problem, people should probably be made aware of it.

Hi opt1kz, and thank you for your reply.

After your shell locks up, can you still ping the box or is it just dead?

No, the box is not singable anymore. It is dead.

No problem. I am glad it is not just me. I hope more people & HackTheBox are aware of this.

Did you ever end up finishing Celestial?

Thanks
S/S

Seems like it’s